Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Doctor of International RelationsGeneva School of Diplomacy and International Relations
Doctor of International Relations - Geneva School of Diplomacy
Through this well-rounded doctorate, students will gain an in-depth and interdisciplinary education in International Relations and Diplomacy. This program is offered on the basis of two distinct modalities:
- Doctor of International Relations by Research (Dissertation of 80,000 – 100.000 words)
- Doctor of International Relations by Dossier
Entry requirements for DIR by research
- A first or 2:1 first degree and an MA in a subject appropriate to the course (equivalent overseas qualifications are acceptable)
- A detailed research proposal (5.000 words) of intended research together with a proof of English language proficiency
Entry requirements for DIR by Dossier
- A dossier presenting a minimum of 8 scholarly papers published by the most representative international journals or a book published by a top publishing house
- A commission formed by GSD and external examiners will be created to assess each particular case
- Applicants are expected to be leading authorities in the field of study concerned
- 10 years after obtaining a Master’s Degree from a recognized University;
- 6 years after obtaining a Doctoral Degree from a recognized University;
- Successful candidates will be named Honorary Research Fellows to the Globecraft® Institute.
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Degree & diploma
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be awarded with a Doctor of International Relations from Geneva School of Diplomacy and International Relations.
Tuition & fees
The cost of this Doctorate is 11.000 CHF per year for DIR by Research (3 years) or 5.000 CHF for DIR by Dossier. To learn more about expenses and fellowship opportunities, fill out an information request form and someone will be in touch soon.
Geneva School of Diplomacy and International Relations
The Geneva School of Diplomacy and International Relations
Geneva School of Diplomacy (GSD) is a rapidly expanding private university based in Geneva. Attracting students from all over the world, GSD is committed to offering excellent education to a small number of highly qualified students, who are committed towards...
Location & accommodation
The Geneva School of Diplomacy and International Relations is located in the city of Geneva on the right bank of Lake Geneva (Lac Léman) and is encircled by France. The city lies between the Alps and the Jura mountains, with the rivers Rhône and Arve passing right through it. The city of Geneva is well known for its of peace and it lies on the cross-roads of Western Europe. From this...