Master of Business Administration, Major in Sports ManagementGeneva Business School - Barcelona
Geneva Business School’s MBA in Sports Management is designed to provide you with the organization and communication tools to manage sports events, teams, federations and sports clubs. This program will equip you to become an effective leader in the sports industry and helps you in learning to how to deal with the needs of executive staff, players, and supporters.
The Master of Business Administration with a Major in Sports Management at Geneva Business School is designed to equip you to become an effective leader and gain opportunities provided by this rapidly expanding sector. You will gain the organizational and communication skills enabling you to manage and market sporting events, federations, and sports clubs.
Over the course of this program you will:
- Develop the communication and technical skills required to become an effective industry professional.
- Gain insight into practical business planning and management.
- Learn how to efficiently plan sporting events
- Manage team organization, merchandising, and marketing.
Who is the MBA in Sports Management suitable for?
The MBA majoring in Sports Management equips students with the necessary knowledge, understanding, and skills to help them make an impact on the sports industry. They will be able to manage sports events, teams, athletes and work for major international sports confederations and organizations. Graduates will be able to use emerging digital technologies to find solutions to industry problems and create new opportunities to generate revenues
The program is of particular relevance to those working, or planning to work as:
- Product Management Directors
- Public Relations Managers
- Sports Marketing Analysts
- Athletic Directors
- Sports Agents
- Marketing Directors
- Social Media Managers
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a related field
- IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 74 (English Official English exam results) or proof of studying previously in an English speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years
- Scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts and academic certificates obtained
- A 500-word essay: What can you bring to the GBS community?
- Photocopy of valid passport / National ID
- 1 reference letter
- Prerequisite: Knowledge of Accounting, Finance, Economics. If prerequisites were not studied previously, Pre-Master classes can be taken during summer or with online level courses such as Peregrine and obtaining a minimum of 60% on the self-tests.
- 2 years of work experience or equivalent
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Duration: 1.5 years
Credits: 90 ECTS
Intakes: February and September
Degree Awarded: Master of Business Administration with Major in Sports Management and Marketing.
Transfer Opportunities: We offer our students the option to transfer for a semester between our Geneva and Barcelona campuses.
Internships: We provide the access to internship opportunities in international companies and organizations.
The program requires the successful completion of 90 credits. The program consists of 4 groups of courses common for all Masters, from which students may select the desired subjects to study: Core Courses (21 ECTS), Elective Courses (15 ECTS), the Orientation Courses (18 ECTS) and the Master Thesis (36 ECTS), which are mandatory to complete the selected major. The orientation week will focus on your Sports Management major and you will be able to present your final project to your tutors and get feedback and guidance towards its completion.Beyond the main Business modules offered within each major, students also take specialization courses, such as:
- Media Relations and Communications in Sports
- International Sports Federations and Organizations
- Sports Organization - Strategic Management
- The Business of Football
- Managing Talent in the Sports Industry
- Sports Industry Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
Application Fee: €150 (Non-refundable, paid upon application)
Administration Fee: €1,900 (One time fee, refund of 80% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
Tuition per semester: €7,460 (Total 1.5 year program / 3 semesters) (Refund of 100% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
Degree: Master of Business Administration with a Major in Sports Management and Marketing.
About this institute
Geneva Business School - Barcelona Campus
Welcome to Geneva Business School! Geneva Business School here is a leading institution that provides cutting-edge Swiss Quality Education. Our programs are taught 100% in English and our campuses are located in major European cities such as Geneva and Barcelona....
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Want to know more about Master of Business Administration, Major in Sports Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.