Master of Business Administration, Major in International RelationsGeneva Business School - Barcelona
Geneva Business School’s MBA in International Relations is designed for you to excel in diplomacy, foreign services and international business development. The program focuses on a broad range of issues, including relations between international organizations and NGOs, international Human rights law, gender and terrorism, cyber diplomacy and political violence.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a Major in International Relations at Geneva Business School has been designed to provide you with a deep understanding of the impact international relations and geopolitical factors have on operational management and business success. After completing this MBA, you will be well prepared for jobs in international fields such as human rights, arms control, international laws and treaties.
Over the course of this program you will:
- Gain the capacity to work in the development of diplomatic strategy.
- Introduce realistic solutions for the management of current global crises.
- Be familiar with global cultures and social networking.
- Build contacts with diplomatic organizations and staff to enhance global connectedness and vision.
* This program is available at Geneva Business School - Barcelona Campus until September 2019
Who is the MBA in International Relations suitable for?
International Relations and the geopolitical factors affecting them are of the utmost importance when operating in today’s global economic environment. This specialized MBA course has been designed with these issues in mind and will give students a deep understanding of the impact they have on the world today and will equip them to work in any International Relations context.
The program is of particular relevance to those working in, or planning to work in:
- Foreign Service
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a related field
- IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 74 (English Official English exam results) or proof of studying previously in an English speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years
- Scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts and academic certificates obtained
- A 500-word essay: What can you bring to the GBS community?
- Photocopy of valid passport / National ID
- 1 reference letter
- Prerequisite: Knowledge of Accounting, Finance, Economics. If prerequisites were not studied previously, Pre-Master classes can be taken during summer or with online level courses such as Peregrine and obtaining a minimum of 60% on the self-tests.
- 2 years of work experience or equivalent
Duration: 1.5 years
Credits: 90 ECTS
Intakes: February and September
Degree Awarded: Master of Business Administration with Major in International Relations.
Transfer Opportunities: We offer our students the option to transfer for a semester between our Geneva and Barcelona campuses.
Internships: We provide the access to internship opportunities in international companies and organizations.
The program requires the successful completion of 90 credits. The program consists of 4 groups of courses common for all Masters, from which students may select the desired subjects to study: Core Courses (21 ECTS), Elective Courses (15 ECTS), the Orientation Courses (18 ECTS) and the Master Thesis (36 ECTS), which are mandatory to complete the selected major. The orientation week will focus on your International Relations major and you will be able to present your final project to your tutors and get feedback and guidance towards its completion.Beyond the main Business modules offered within each major, students also take specialization courses, such as:
- Gender and Terrorism
- Political Violence
- Strategies in International Relations and Management
- Cyber Diplomacy
- International Human Rights Law
- National and International Security
Application Fee: €150 (Non-refundable, paid upon application)
Administration Fee: €1,900 (One time fee, refund of 80% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
Tuition per semester: €7,460 (Total 1.5 year program / 3 semesters) (Refund of 100% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
Degree: Master of Business Administration with a Major in International Relations.
Geneva Business School - Barcelona Campus
Welcome to GBS! Geneva Business School (GBS) here is a leading institution that provides cutting-edge Swiss Quality Education. Our programs are taught 100% in English and our campuses are located in major European cities such as Geneva and Barcelona. Our...
Want to know more about Master of Business Administration, Major in International Relations? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.