Dental Hygiene Associate Degree ProgramFresno City College
Dental Hygiene Associate Degree Program
All available course dates
Dental Hygiene Associate Degree Program
The Allied Health, Physical Education & Athletics Division is committed to the health and well-being of our students and the community. The nursing and allied health programs educate and train professionals to serve the health care needs of our region. The health, physical education and athletics departments promote fitness and health for all of our students. All departments are focused on providing opportunities for career and academic success for all students.
Enrollment is limited in the dental hygiene program. Minimum qualifications for selection must be met. There are no restrictions as to age, race, gender, or marital status. Minimum prerequisite requirements for application to the program are the following:
- Have graduated from high school or have an average score of 45 on the General Educational Development (GED) test.
- Have a minimum cumulative college grade point average (GPA) of 2.70.
- Have completed Biology 20, Human Anatomy, and Biology 22, Human Physiology, (or equivalent), or Biology 21A and Biology 21B (or equivalent) each with a grade of “C” or better.
- Have completed English 1A, Reading and Comprehension; Mathematics 103, Foundations of Algebra, or another more advanced math course; Chemistry 3A, Introduction to General Chemistry; Chemistry 3B, Organic and Biological Chemistry; Biology 31, Microbiology; Food and Nutrition 40, Nutrition; Communication 1 or 2, Introduction to Speaking or Interpersonal Communication; Psychology 2, General Psychology; and Sociology 1A, Introductionto Sociology (or equivalents to these courses) with grades of “C” or better.
- Have completed an Academic Summary Form for the Dental Hygiene Program.
- Have no physical impairment that would preclude the performance of all dental hygiene duties.
- Be in good physical and mental health.
International Students and Scholars Admission Requirements
To determine whether you are eligible for admission to our Fresno City College International Program, please review the following Admission Requirements, and submit the completed checklist with your other application materials:
- Student must be 18 years old prior to the start of the semester
- Affidavit of Support Form
- Cost of Attendance Acknowledgement Form
- Financial Documents
- TOEFL or IELTS Exam Results – Waived if student Graduated from a U.S. High School and/or if English is an official language of home country
- TOEFL Score Requirement Score of 500 Paper Based Test (PBT) or 61 Internet Based Test (iBT) required from students applying from their home country. If a student attended and completed an English Language Training Program in the U.S. we will consider accepting a score of 460 PBT or 48 iBT. Transcripts will be required from English Training Program for review.
- IELTS Score Requirement Overall Band Score of 5.5 required from students applying from home country with at least 5.0 in each subsection (Listening, reading, Writing, and Speaking). If a student attended and completed an English Language Training Program in the U.S. we will consider accepting an Overall Band Score of 5.0. Transcripts will be required from English Training Program for review.
- High School Graduation Requirement Official Graduation Certificate/Diploma, transcripts, and/or equivalent evidence of graduation from a Secondary School or its equivalent are required. If records are not in English, certified translation must be furnished.
For more information about admission requirement, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Oral Biology
- Preclinical Dental Hygiene Techniques
- Oral Radiography
- Head & Neck Anatomy
- General and Oral Pathology
- Dental Materials
- Clinical Dental Hygiene I
- Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office
- Patient Management
- Pain Management
- Clinical Seminar Topics I
- Clinical Dental Hygiene II
- Community Dental Health I
- Clinical Seminar Topics II
- Applied Specialties
- Dental Specialties
- Clinical Dental Hygiene III
- Community Dental Health II
- Practice & Financial Management
- Nutrition in Dentistry
- Clinical Seminar Topics III
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
International and Out-of-State student fees for spring 2021 : $3480.00 per 12 credit units
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the university website.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Complete the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination with a score of 75th percentile or better.
- Pass clinical licensing examinations.
Completion of the Dental Hygiene Program leads to an Associate in Science degree. After completing the program and passing the National Board examination, graduates are eligible to apply for and take the California State Board and/or other clinical examinations for licensing Registered Dental Hygienists.
About this institute
Fresno City College
FCC provides the first two years of American university education to help you get where you want to be. Students will receive an American education at an affordable cost. Our students enjoy and benefit from individualized staff guidance, academic counseling,...
Want to know more about Dental Hygiene Associate Degree Program? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Grayslake, United States of America
Fresno, United States of America