Sport and Event Marketing
Specialize your marketing career in the area of sports management with this one-year post-graduate program in Sport and Event Marketing.
This program will provide you with functional knowledge and specialized skills in core areas of sports marketing including professional and amateur sports organizations, minor sports associations, private and public sports facilities, not-for-profit groups, telecommunications companies and other sports-related businesses.
Upon graduation of this graduate certificate program, you’ll be prepared for jobs including:
- Sports Marketing Manager
- Manager, Marketing and Sponsorships
- Marketing and Event Specialist
- Manager, Sport Development
- Brand Manager
- Director of Sports and Entertainment
- Events Manager
- Athletics Facilities and Events Officer
Get ready for a winning career in sports marketing!
- Gain real work experience in the sports industry during an internship with sports marketing partners of Fanshawe’s Kinlin School of Business;
- Practice your skills with hands-on learning opportunities that include shadowing job functions within Fanshawe’s Athletics department;
- Dive deeper into non-profit event marketing as well as festivals and sporting events;
- Hone your digital marketing skills and further your knowledge in Google Analytics;
- Grasp key leadership concepts for successful sports management.
Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma or Degree, or equivalent
Acceptable combination of related work experience and post-secondary education as judged by the College*
Five years of work experience in a related field as judged by the College to be equivalent*
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English by one of the following methods:
- A Grade 12 College Stream or University Stream English credit from an Ontario Secondary School, or equivalent, depending on the program's Admission Requirements
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test with a minimum score of 88 for the Internet-based test (iBT), with test results within the last two years
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic test with an overall score of 6.5 with no score less than 6.0 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years. SDS Program Requirements.
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) test with an overall score of 70 with no score less than 60 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) with a minimum score of 59, with test results within the last two years
- A Cambridge English Test (FCE/CAE/CPE) with an overall score on the Cambridge English Scale of 176 with no language skill less than 169, with test results within the last two years
- An English Language Evaluation (ELE) at Fanshawe College with a minimum score of 75% in all sections of the test, with test results within the last two years
- Fanshawe College ESL4/GAP5 students: Minimum grade of 80% in ESL4/GAP5 Level 9 or 75% in ESL4/GAP5 Level 10
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Take all of the following Mandatory Courses:
- Sports, Entertainment & Event Marketing
- Google Analytics
- Marketing Design
- Advanced Professional Communication
- Leadership in Sport & Event Marketing
- Non-Profit & Event Marketing
Take all of the following Mandatory Courses:
- International Sport Marketing
- Festivals, Sports & Events Management
- Ethics, Issues & Trends in Sport Mktg
- Sponsorship Activation & Analysis
- Sport Media & Public Relations
Students will be enrolled in one of the following
- Sport & Community Marketing in Canada
- Innovation Applications
Take the following Mandatory Course:
- Sport & Event Marketing Mgmt Internship
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
The tuition fee for Canadian students is 1,037.83 CAD, and the total fees are 1,941.21 CAD.
The tuition fee for International students is 5,064.00 CAD, and the total fees are 6,573.36 CAD.
Please note fees are subject to change. Please visit Fanshawe’s website for the most up to date information.
Credential - Ontario College Graduate Certificate
- Brand and market sports and event activities through web design, graphic design and dynamic social media strategies to meet strategic targets;
- Develop integrated marketing and media plans using return on investment metrics (ROI) to ensure consumer oriented objectives, strategies and budgetary considerations are met;
- Plan, execute and evaluate analytics strategies related to the promotion of sports and event related activities to meet the needs of contracted not-for-profit or for-profit organizations;
- Create, develop and evaluate sponsorship and partnership activation opportunities to support and enhance marketing strategies for sports and events;
- Problem solve and recommend unique solutions to sport and event management business problems to ensure success for the proprietor, target audience, and sponsors of the sport or event;
- Develop sales and marketing strategies where increasing participation, leveraging investment or encouraging the sale of sport and event management related products and services are required;
- Plan and implement a marketing campaign that meets the needs of the various stakeholders;
- Create and support sales and customer service opportunities and strategies in the sports and event management sectors to ensure strong and continued fan engagement;
- Lead and manage a marketing team to accomplish the goals of the marketing department.
Graduates of this program will find opportunities as a Marketing Officer, Public Relations Manager, Athletics Facilities and Events Officer, Director of Branding and Communications, Professional Sports Agent, Manager - Marketing and Sponsorship.
About this institute
Fanshawe College is a large, publicly-funded College located in London, Ontario, Canada - approximately two hours from Niagara Falls, Toronto, or Detroit. There are 21,000 full-time students at Fanshawe, including 7,500 international students from more than 100 different countries. Fanshawe...
Why study at Fanshawe College
London is a great location - a large city with a population of close to 500,000, so there is something for everyone. It is small enough to be more affordable than some of the larger cities and it is very student-friendly. Fanshawe College has a 90.3% percent Graduate Employment Rate, which is number one among Ontario colleges. There are also 60 co-op programs available, where students can "earn while they learn."
Want to know more about Sport and Event Marketing? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Diploma / certificate
Los Angeles, United States of America
Diploma / certificate
Windsor (Ontario, Canada), Canada
Graduate diploma / certificate
California, United States of America