Bachelor's Degree in PhysiotherapyUniversidad Europea
Bachelor's Degree in Physiotherapy
All available course dates
About this program
Bachelor's Degree in Physiotherapy
The Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy is a four-year programme designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge to work as a physiotherapist in a number of different settings, depending on your interests. Throughout the Physiotherapy degree, which is taught at our campus in Madrid, you will have access to top class facilities including a simulated hospital, structure and function lab, physio labs and more. During the first two years, you will study the bachelor’s degree in English and from the third year onwards in Spanish.
Universidad Europea has been named as the best private centre and the 2nd best in Spain for studying the Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy, according to the 2022 ranking in the El Mundo newspaper.
Students wishing to study the Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy at the Universidad Europea de Madrid must meet the legal requirements for access to the University as set forth in current legislation. There are no additional academic requirements.
In accordance with Royal Decree 1892/2008, of 14 November, regulating the conditions for entry to official bachelor’s degree university studies and the admission procedures for public Spanish universities, these are extended and set out in detail as follows:
Students can access the bachelor’s degree studies according to the access pathways set forth in Royal Decree 1892/2008, of 14 November, and current applicable legislation, specifically:
- Obtain a pass mark in the University Entrance Examination, in compliance with current legislation.
- Obtain a pass mark in the entrance exams for the over-25s and over-45s.
- Higher Technicians, Higher Technicians in Fine Arts and Design and Higher Sports Technicians.
- Graduates, Technical Engineers, Engineers and Architects.
- High school students from education systems of European Union Member States and other countries with which international agreements have been signed in this respect may access the Bachelor’s Degree provided that they have access to the university in their education system.
- Students from other countries who do not have a signed international agreement must have their studies recognised and take the university entrance exam(s).
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Structure & Function of the Human Body / Structure and Function of the Human Body
- Cell & Tissue Biology / Cell and Tissue Biology
- Biophysics / Biofísica
- Basic Physical Therapy / Basic Physical Therapies
- Anatomy: Musculoskeletal & Nervous Systems / Anatomy: Locomotor System and Nervous
- Applied Psycho-Social Sciences & Communication Skills / Applied Psychosocial Sciences and
- Communication Skills
- Basic Manual Therapy / Terapia Manual Básica
- Public Health: Professional Ethics & Deontology / Public Health. Ethics and Professional
- Biomechanics / Biomechanics
- Special Techniques in Physical Therapy I / Special Techniques in Physiotherapy I
- Research Methodology & Clinical Documentation / Research Methodology and Clinical
- Medical Pathology & Pharmacology I / Medical Pathology and Pharmacology I
- Special Techniques in Physical Therapy II
- Health Legislation & Management Skills / Health Legislation and Management Skills
- English / Modern Language
- Medical Pathology & Pharmacology II / Medical Pathology & Pharmacology II
- Clinical Assignments I / Clinical Stays I
- Manual Orthopedic Therapy 1: Clinical Reasoning / Manual Orthopedic Therapy 1: Clinical
- Sports Physical Therapy I / Fisioterapia Deportiva I
- Surgical Pathology & Radiology I / Surgical Pathology and Radiology I
- Neurological Physical Therapy / Fisioterapia Neurológica
- Osteopathic Physical Therapy I / Fisioterapia Osteopática I
- Physical Therapy in Medical-Surgical Processes / Physiotherapy in Medical-Surgical Processes
- Surgical Pathology & Radiology II / Surgical Pathology and Radiology II
- Physical Therapy II & Muscular Chains / Fisioterapia Osteopática II y Cadenas
- Clinical Assignments II / Estancias Clínicas II
- Sports Physical Therapy II / Fisioterapia Deportiva II
- Manual Orthopedic Therapy 2: Application and Neurophysiological Effects of Manual Therapy /
- Therapy Orthopedic manual 2: Application and neurophysiological effects of manual therapy
- Practicum / Practicum
- Orthesis & Prosthesis / Orthosis and Prosthesis
- Physical Therapy: Manual Lymphatic Drainage / Fisioterapia: Drenaje Linfático Manual
- Graduation Project / Final degree project
- Physical Therapy in Obstetrics & Urogynecology / Fisioterapia Obstétrica y Uroginecológica
- Manual Orthopedic Therapy 3: Diagnosis, Exploration and Treatment of the Spine and
- Extremities / Terapia manual orthopedica 3: Diagnosis, exploration and treatment of the spine
- and extremities
- Sports Physical Therapy III / Fisioterapia Deportiva III
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition Fee: € 13,430.00
- BC 1: Have and understand knowledge that gives a base or opportunity to be original in developing and/or using ideas, often in a research context.
- BC 2: Students should know how to use the knowledge acquired and their ability to problem solve in new or unfamiliar environments within wider (or multi-disciplinary) contexts related to their area of study.
- BC 3: Students should be able to integrate knowledge and face up to the complexity of making judgements using information that, being incomplete or limited, includes reflections on social and ethical responsibilities associated with using their knowledge and judgement.
- BC 4: Students should know how to communicate their conclusions – and the knowledge and ultimate reasons upholding them – to specialist and non-specialist audiences in a clear, unambiguous manner.
- BC 5: Students should have the learning skill that enable them to continue studying in a way that must be largely self-directed or autonomous.
Increasingly internationally recognised, physiotherapy is still developing and continues to be used for various purposes depending on the place and patients’ needs, but, without doubt, has a positive effect on anyone trying it. Over the past few years new branches and specialisations have arisen enabling physiotherapists to take a specific direction within their profession, which also serves to differentiate them from the competition. Specialisations such as paediatric, neurological or sports physiotherapy are just some examples of how a professional in this field can focus on one or another field, which also involves new business opportunities. With the Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy you will be able to describe, identify, treat and compare health problems that can be responded to with Physiotherapy.
- Clinical/Care field
- Research field
- Teaching field
Message the school
About this institute
Universidad Europea, with four campuses in Spain, two in Madrid, located at Villaviciosa de Odón and Alcobendas; one in Valencia and, another in the Canary Islands at La Orotava, is an innovative institution geared towards adding value to society and...
Want to know more about Bachelor's Degree in Physiotherapy? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!