Master in Styling, Image and Fashion Communication
Behind every magazine cover, television show, important event, runway or advertisement there is one or even more stylists that shape the image the public receives, and curate from the model’s look to its relation to the surroundings, so that the aesthetic proposal represents the ideas and values desired.
Beyond the role of the fashion designer, the stylist or image consultant has become a key to determine the success of a brand: knowing the trends or being able to predict them generates a product or an image attractive enough for a changing and demanding consumer.
Therefore, be it for commercial, institutional or editorial communication, consultancy in styling and image is revealed as a fundamental tool for innovation and positioning in brands. Through a six areas program, the master will give you a transversal knowledge that goes from notions of coolhunting and fashion sociology, to concepts of coaching, protocol and even industry.
The classes are on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 19.00 to 22.00h.
The master in Consultancy in Styling, Image, and Communication is addressed to university graduates and professionals with experience in Communication, Design, Fine Arts, Protocol, Styling and similar disciplines. It’s also directed towards those who are part of the entrepreneurial world, or who come from the communication or psychology fields and are interested in amplifying their professional skills in order to center in consultancy in styling and image.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The study modules of the Master in Consultancy in Styling, Image, and Communication are organized in six areas:
- Area of contextualization of the environment (5 credits). The world in the third millennium. Sociology of fashion. The internationalization of fashion, creative processes, and structure of the fashion industry.
- Area of consultancy: file lifecycle and components (5 credits). Personal image and corporate iconological techniques. The process of creating a fashion collection. Analysis and determination of trends and creative direction.
- Area of communication in a global society (10 credits). Theory of communication in a global society. Persuasive communication of corporations. Fashion communication: advertising and media strategy. Fashion Marketing. Analysis of consumer digital marketing. Techniques and processes. The press kit: Contents and recipients. The fashion showroom.
- Area of Psychology and Perception (4 credits). Intelligence and intuition. Personal Branding
- Area of styling and image (14 credits). The stylist: Mission and functions. The creative process in the context of fashion styling. Styling. Photography and fashion.
- Area of protocol and event production (5 credits). Institutional and personal protocol. Production and management of events.
- Final master project (15 credits). Students develop a project at the end of the master in which they must apply all the aspects considered in the study units. This project should make a substantive contribution, both professional as conceptual, to styling, image, and communication. The project is led by professors and professionals in the fashion and image industries.
- Seminars (2 credits).
- Styling and Image Workshop: makeup, hairdressing, clothing, and accessories. Fashion and cinema.
- Creativity Workshop: The creative process vs creative improvisation. Personal Shopper. Workshop and Styling Picture: Makeup, hair salon, clothing, and accessories.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information
Our studies in styling, image, and communication offer a specialization in the field contemplating the following basic objectives:
- The interdisciplinary study in consultancy in image, fashion, styling, communication, event organization, trend analysis and the comprehension of fashion in an international context in order to cover both practical and theoretical knowledge that is needed to conquer the techniques and the codes that potentiate image.
- Training professionals in the international, specific and dynamic context of fashion, that are able to offer a contemporary and multidisciplinary vision of styling, image counseling, fashion communication, protocol, and the organization and production of events.
- Potentiate student’s directive and analytical skills, needed to carry out multidisciplinary projects in a global environment, in which the use of technologies, creativity, and innovation are fundamental.
- Provide the tools that will allow the students to identify and anticipate changes in lifestyles, preferences of consumers and current and emerging trends through creative experimentation and research.
- Potentiate 2.0 communication and social media as a platform for new entrepreneurship, proposing a new vision of team management and collaborative network policies.
- Styling for fashion and advertisement publications
- Personal Shopper
- Personal and Corporative Image Consultancy
- Artistic Direction
- Public Relations
- Consultancy for Design Teams
- Consultancy for communication companies in event organization and protocol
About this institute
ESDi, Higher School of Design
Wherever you are in the world, welcome to ESDi, Higher School of Design. ESDi is the top University in Design of Catalonia, Spain, based on the U-Ranking BBVA. Innovation is at the heart of all we do, so it is...
Why study at ESDi, Design Higher Education School
9 reasons to study at ESDi
30 years experience in what we do best
ESDi was the first centre in Spain to offer the Official Degree in Design. Generations of nationally and internationally renowned designers began their creative journeys at this University.
Smart Design Campus
More than 10.000m2 of facilities. ESDi University supports design and innovation through the application of the latest technology. ESDi’s facilities embrace both digital technology and traditional craftsmanship. Our specialist workshops and studios are run by highly-skilled technicians.
ESDi going solar
At ESDi, all our primary energy comes from renewal technologies. Sustainable development is crucial to the entire planet. At ESDi we support understanding the urgent matters regarding sustainability. We support our students to act towards achieving the goals of sustainability development and cooperate with national and international institutions to support the necessary steps to promote sustainable development.
6 design programs to suit everyone. ESDi is the only Spanish university offering a Double Degree in Design and Smart Design in all disciplines (graphic, product, interior, fashion, audiovisual and design management).
ESDi’s academics are top-notch and its professors are among the best in their respective fields. ESDi’s academic programs are taught by researchers and active professional members of distinguished careers in the design field.
We care about your well-being
To complement your academic experience, you will be assigned a student advisor who will provide guidance and support throughout your experience at ESDi. Your advisor is here to help you with your emotional well-being. Your student advisor will provide an atmosphere of trust so you can feel free to talk about your situation in complete confidentiality.
Our connection with the industry
ESDi’s community will benefit from working with the design industry and can enhance their learning with a full program of conference, workshops, expositions and events. We train some of the most employable graduates. 95,5% of the students find a job after a year of graduating.
Our entrepreneur services
ESDi does a great job of encouraging student entrepreneurship. At ESDI we inform and advice young entrepreneurs in terms of advice, financial aid and rent-free workspace.
Want to know more about Master in Styling, Image and Fashion Communication? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...