Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master in Digital Art CuratorshipESDi, Design Higher Education School
Master in Digital Art Curatorship
Digital culture has opened up new roads for art both inside and outside the art galleries. The Official Master’s Degree in Digital Art Curatorship (URL) allows you to explore the contemporary artistic production and creation.
Coordination and multimedia exhibition curating, management of cultural events and shows, or research and critique of contemporary art are some of the job opportunities. Our alumni have completed internships at institutions festivals.
The new dynamics and circuits of digital art also modify public reception and theoretical and interpretative understanding. Thus, artistic galleries are not the only development field of the digital art curatorship. There are also activities of a playful, educational and artistic nature, creativity and criticism about new media. As well as the analysis of new trends and multimedia dimension projects.
Classes are taught on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, from 18:30 to 21:30 h.
This course is taught in Spanish.
The Official Master’s Degree in Digital Art Curatorship offers a mandatory base in critical thinking, aesthetic theory and cultural spaces, being able to pick between a professionalizing option and a researching option, with an emphasis on management and scientific inclination, depending on one or the other specialty.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information
The Official Master’s Degree in Digital Art Curatorship propose a specialty in the field contemplating the following basic goals:
- Training in the field of exposition curatorship and cultural events, cultural management, art theory and art criticism, specially in areas surrounding new media (electronic art, media art, multimedia creation, internet, among others).
- Providing current knowledge about conceptual, formal, technical and specialized knowledge for the creation, the planning, the design and the execution of productions, research, critical thinking and aesthetic sensibility.
- Propitiating access to the contemporary art circuit oriented towards technology, through the knowledge of the most important institutions and circulation spaces, bringing to the forefront the ephemeral events that nowadays are an interactive gathering space for the public, the artists and the theorists.
- Teaching the techniques and methods needed for the elaboration of complex projects with professional solutions, potentiating the relationships among peers and teamwork.
- For those students who want to carry out doctorate studies, we supply the needed methodological competences for research in Humanities, particularily in art and design.
This official degree is acknowledged in the entire European Higher Education Area (EHEA). It gives students the opportunity of studying a doctorate program in any university of the European Union, and is recognized for grants, subvention petitions, and public examinations for official areas, and it facilitates the labor insertion in Europe as in the rest of the world.
The Digital Art Curatorship graduate complements historical perspectives with practical and theoretical knowledge from digital culture and new technologies, in order to perform, alternatively, in artistic, distribution and reflection circuits.
- Organization of artistic, ludic or educational activities.
- Development of multimedia presentations and expositions in conferences and talks.
- Elaboration of original projects where art and new media converge.
- Event, festival and spectacle organization.
- Criticism specialized in new media.
- Theoretical investigation regarding new artistic and design trends.
About this institute
ESDi, Higher School of Design
Wherever you are in the world, welcome to ESDi, Higher School of Design. ESDi is the top University in Design of Catalonia, Spain, based on the U-Ranking BBVA. Innovation is at the heart of all we do, so it is...
Want to know more about Master in Digital Art Curatorship? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...