Graduate Diploma of Engineering (Civil: Structural)Engineering Institute of Technology
About this program
Graduate Diploma of Engineering (Civil: Structural)
This Graduate Diploma of Engineering (Civil: Structural) addresses specific core competencies and associated underpinning knowledge required of structural engineers.
This program is offered standalone or as an exit point after the first year of the two-year master’s degree.
To gain entry into this program, we require applicants to hold:
- A recognized 3-year bachelor degree* in an engineering qualification in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- An EIT Bachelor of Science (Engineering) degree* in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent) that is recognized under the Washington Accord or by Engineers Australia, in a congruent**, or a different field of practice at the discretion of the Admissions Committee; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent)* that is not recognized under the Washington Accord, in a congruent** field of practice to this program; AND
- An appropriate level of English Language Proficiency equivalent to an English pass level in an Australian Senior Certificate of Education, or an IELTS score of 6.0 (with no individual band less than 6.0***), or equivalent as outlined in the EIT Admissions Policy; AND
- Evidence of mathematical competence by means of completion of courses/units which include:
- Complex Numbers,
- Ordinary Differential Equations (ODEs) and Series,
- Multivariable Calculus, and
- Linear Algebra
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Structural Analysis
- Advanced Engineering Materials
- Structural Design Part 1 – Advanced Topics on Reinforced Concrete Design
- Project, Design and Construction Management
- Advanced Structural Engineering Methods Part 1
- Structural Design Part 2 – Advanced Topics on Steel Design
- Structural Dynamics
- Engineering Practice and Key Research Methodologies
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
The online graduate diploma is delivered on a part-time intensive basis over 4 terms, each of 12 weeks. Part-time students are expected to spend approximately 20 hours per week learning the program material and completing assessments. This includes attending tutorials.
Please visit the course website to check the current fees in your country/region.
What will I learn/gain:
- Skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in civil: structural engineering
- Practical guidance from civil and structural engineering experts from around the world
- Global networking contacts in academia and industry
- Improved career options
- You will learn advanced techniques in structural analysis and design methods
- You will develop your knowledge to investigate and recommend appropriate engineering materials
- You will investigate advanced topics in reinforced concrete and in steel design, using an integrated approach to the design of standard structural systems.
Potential job roles include engineering and management positions in the following areas of expertise:
- Civil engineering
- Construction engineering
- Structural engineering
- Transport engineering
- Urban engineering
- Infrastructure engineering
- Project engineering
- Civil: structural project management and business development
Message the school
About this institute
Engineering Institute of Technology
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is an Australian college dedicated to engineering education and training, with 4000+ students based nationally and internationally. Established in 1995, and known for its innovative approach to online learning, EIT now also has a...
Engineering Institute of Technology
Want to know more about Graduate Diploma of Engineering (Civil: Structural)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!