About this program
Integrated Master in Veterinary Medicine
The study plan for the Integrated Master in Veterinary Medicine at Instituto Universitário Egas Moniz (IMVM-IUEM) is based on an innovative logic, based on teaching that aims integration, specialization, professionalization, internationalization and globalization and values global health, underlying the importance of the relationshipS between animal health, human health and environmental health (One Health).
The curricular units are distributed in modules throughout the semester, insuring the acquisition of contents in a sequential and integrated logic. This study plan and innovative teaching methodologies are based on other European and World reference institutions and contrasts with the one currently used in other national and international veterinary schools, contributing to enhance the multiple professional opportunities and employability in Veterinary Medicine.
The IMVM-IUEM is based on a rigorous teaching, with a very strong practical component and tutorial guidance, based on Problem Based Learning, in which students take a central role in their learning process. This ensures a very solid clinical and practical experience and provides our graduates a real and global view of the realities of Veterinary Medicine, enabling them with real practical skills, since the first day.
The IMVM-IUEM will be taught in its own facilities (Campus Egas Moniz), which include, among others, clinical structures, wich includes a Veterinary School Hospital for Companion Animals, Exotic Animals, Horses and Livestock, teaching and research laboratories. All infrastructures were designed specifically for the teaching of Veterinary Sciences.
The IMVM-IUEM has a vast network of partnerships with external public and private institutions, that are part of the pedagogical and scientific cooperation network, in the various areas of knowledge of Veterinary Sciences. These partnerships aim to achieve the level of excellence, integration and specialization that characterizes this Integrated Master in Veterinary Medicine by allowing students to access and contact with external facilities of excellence in the different areas of Veterinary Sciences.
In this section you will be able to obtain information on the applications and admission to the Degrees (1st Cycle) and Integrated Masters.
The Second Cycle Masters, Postgraduates and others have specific application conditions and access calendars, so you should consult the page of this respective courses.
Who can apply?
Candidates in Institutional Contest:
- Holders of a high school course or legally equivalent qualification and who have undergone entrance exams to higher education.
- Holders of a foreign high school course and who wish to apply under the Article 20-A of Decree-Law no. 296-A / 98, of September 25. These candidates will have to apply for equivalence to continue their studies, together with a High School, and after the assigned equivalence should go to the premises of the DGES to request the substitution of entrance tests, through article 20-A.
Candidates in Special Contest:
- Over 23 years old.
- Students with university attendance (change of course, transfer or re-entry).
- Holders of Higher Education, Medium and Diplomas of Technological Specialization.
Candidates in Special Regime:
- Portuguese Diplomatic Mission Abroad.
- Portuguese foreign scholarship holders or government officials abroad.
- Officers of the Portuguese Armed Forces.
- PALOP Fellows.
- Foreign diplomatic mission accredited in Portugal.
- High-performance athletes.
- Of East Timor.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Animal Organism
- Animal Organism I - From Molecule to Cell
- Animal Organism II - From Cell to Tissue
- Animal Organism III - From tissue to organism
- Genetic fundamentals: from the genome to the population
- Veterinarian and Society
- Professional Orientation I - clinical and research laboratory
- Animal Body Function I
- Animal Body Function II
- Animal Body Function III
- Animal behaviour
- Introduction to diagnosis
- Plant Biology, Agriculture and Environment
- Scientific thinking
- Animal body function IV
- Animal body function V
- Animal body function VI
- Animal body function VII
- Economia, Gestão e Marketing / Economics, Management and Marketing
- Fundamentos de Imunologia / Immunology fundamentals
- Microbiologia, Infeção, Imunidade / Microbiology, Infection, Immunity
- Orientação profissional II - Produção Animal e Espécies Pecuárias / Professional Orientation II - Animal Production and Farm Animals
- Opcional I / Optional I
- Animal body function VIII
- Animal body function IX
- Animal body function X
- Parasitology, Infection, Immunity
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics I
- Animal Nutrition
- Professional Orientation III / Animal Production and Farm Animals
- Opcional II / Optional II
- Raciocínio clínico integrado I / Integrated Clinical Reasoning I
- Alimentação Animal / Animal Feeding
- Higiene e Segurança Alimentar / Hygiene and Food Safety
- Tecnologia Alimentar e dos Produtos de Origem Animal I / Food and Animal Products Technology I
- Farmacologia e Terapêutica II / Pharmacology and Therapeutics I
- Analgesia e anestesia / Analgesia and anesthesia
- Orientação profissional IV - Animais de Companhia e Equinos / Professional Orientation IV - Companion Animals and Equine
- Opcional III / Optional III
- Raciocínio clínico integrado II / Integrated Clinical Reasoning II
- Epidemiologia / Epidemiology
- Tecnologia Alimentar e dos Produtos de Origem Animal II / Food and Animal Products Technology II
- Toxicologia / Toxicology
- Bem-Estar e Proteção Animal / Animal Welfare and Protection
- Fundamentos de Patologia e Anatomia Patológica / Fundamentals of Pathology and Pathological Anatomy
- Orientação profissional V - Animais de Companhia e Equinos / Professional Orientation V - Companion Animals and Equine
- Optional IV
- Medicine and Surgery I
- Medicine and Surgery II
- Medicine and Surgery III
- Medicine and Surgery IV
- Veterinary Sanitary Responsabilities I
- Zootechnics I
- Medicine and Surgery V
- Medicine and Surgery VI
- Medicine and Surgery VII
- Medicine and Surgery VIII
- Medicine and Surgery IX
- Medicine and Surgery X
- Veterinary Sanitary Responsabilities II
- Zootechnics II
- Companion Animals I **
- Equine I **
- Management and Health of Livestock I **
- Specialization Module - Applied Veterinary Public Health I **
- Companion Animals Applied Clinic I
- Equine Applied Clinic I
- Management and Health of Livestock I
- Applied Veterinary Public Health I
- Companion Animals II **
- Equine II **
- Management and Health of Livestock II **
- Applied Veterinary Public Health II **
- Companion Animals Applied Clinic II
- Equine Applied Clinic II
- Management and Health of Livestock II
- Applied Veterinary Public Health II
Degree: Master (MI)
Total ECTS: 330
Message the school
About this institute
Egas Moniz, Cooperativa de Ensino Superior
Egas Moniz is well recognized for its excellence and innovation on higher education. Being certified in accordance with the ISO 9001:2008, we focus on on training health care professionals, being a centre for social responsibility, heavily implanted in the local...
Want to know more about Integrated Master in Veterinary Medicine? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Naperville, United States of America