About this program
Criminology and Criminal Justice
If you dream of pursuing a career in law enforcement, corrections, legal studies or victim services, criminology and criminal justice may be the best major for you.
Why Saint Martin's University
Saint Martin's criminology and criminal justice major is an interdisciplinary social science program preparing candidates for positions in the criminal justice field and providing a solid background for advanced education in graduate or law school. A major in criminal justice may be complemented by minors in sociology, psychology, political science or social work.
Chat with students
Popular criminology and criminal justice courses
- Drugs, the family and society
- Forensic science
- Gender, crime and law
- Philosophy of law
- White collar crime
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information
- Tuition fee on campus is $41,660
- Tuition fee off campus is $41,660
- Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of core criminal justice concepts and principles, including the structure and functioning of the primary systems included in the criminal justice apparatus in the United States: policing, courts, and corrections
- Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the nature of crime and delinquency and primary criminological theories, philosophies, and schools of thought which enable or suppress crime
- Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of justice system processing and related ethical issues related to the complexity of the core components of law
- Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of scientific research methods by conducting independent research linking theory to policy and/or practice and communicating research results
- Students will be able to demonstrate the ability to engage in applied workforce and advanced studies preparation within criminology & criminal justice disciplines through the completion of an internship and the development of a professional portfolio
A broad range of career opportunities are available to a student majoring in criminal justice:
- Law enforcement
- Legal research or representation
Message the school
About this institute
Saint Martin's University
Whether you are looking to spend a summer abroad or are interested in pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree, Saint Martin's University provides a student-centered environment that promotes the development of the whole person-intellectually, personally and spiritually. We believe the...
Why study at Saint Martin's University
Students often attend Saint Martin's because of its sense of community. Faculty know their students, staff are willing to assist in ways that make the transition to university positive. We are here to assist you in your success.
Want to know more about Criminology and Criminal Justice? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!