Visual CommunicationsEdmonds College
All available course dates
About this program
The Visual Communications Department emphasizes a variety of creative and technical skills in preparing students for a career in advertising, publishing, and public relations. The 2-year Associate of Technical Arts (ATA) degree also includes fundamental business practices which empower students to work in the gig economy as a freelancer and/or as part of a company. The arts and culture industry is constantly growing and looking for folks with an eye for detail, a willingness to explore the possibilities, and a passion for ingenuity.
In accordance with WAC 131-12-010, Edmonds College has an open admission policy. Under this policy, all students are admitted when it is determined by the Chief Admission Officer, or other designee, that the student meets the following criteria:
- Is competent to benefit from course offerings of the college, and
- Would not, by his or her presence or conduct, create a disruptive atmosphere within the college inconsistent with the purposes of the institution, and
- Is eighteen (18) years of age or older, or
- Is a high school graduate (or GED equivalent).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Career and College Success: Visual Communication
- Digital Imaging
- Multimedia Design I
- Video Editing
- Video Production
- Multimedia Design II
- Production Design
- Design Portfolio
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the website for more information.
(Based on homestay with meals) $8,888.80 $2,962.93 Approximate Total $21,901.00 $7,300.33
Visual Communications - Associate of Technical Arts Degree
- Graphic Designers
- Art Directors
- Film and Video Editors
- Desktop Publishers
Message the school
About this institute
The best starting point is Edmonds College!
From here the opportunities are endless! We are a public college, offering a high school completion program, two-year degrees for transfer to a top university, a variety of professional degrees and short term certificates, and several Bachelors degrees. Our beautiful...
Why study at Edmonds College
At Edmonds College the opportunities are endless!
- High school completion program (finish your high school while earning university credits)
- University transfer degrees- start your bachelor’s degree at Edmonds College, then transfer to a university of your choice. Our graduates have transferred to nationally ranked universities all over Washington, the United States, and abroad!
- Gap year opportunities- study with us for 3, 6 or 9 months. We offer professional certificates that you can earn in 9 months or less.
- Earn a Bachelor’s degree in Applied Science- these hands-on bachelor's degrees provide you with practical skills that prepare you for a job in Family Life Education, Manufacturing and Engineering Technology, Integrated Health Management, and in the fall of 2023, Robotics and Artificial Intelligence
- Edmonds provides free comprehensive support services such as tutoring, advising, and career exploration, all with supportive, caring faculty whose priority is to help students succeed in the United States.
- State-of-the-art facilities- you will have access to the latest technology
- On-campus employment opportunities and upon graduation of a degree or certificate, you qualify for twelve-month employment opportunities in the USA
- We accept applications 4 times a year: January, March, June and September
Want to know more about Visual Communications? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!