Bachelor of Arts in Behavioral Sciences – International Relations Concentration
Worldwide poverty, global warming, and terrorism are among the many daunting challenges facing the world today, but there are also many signs of positive change and progress. The dramatically-increased capacity for communication, understanding, and cooperation have affected relations not only between nation-states, but also among citizens of those states, leading to a global civil society. All of which brings us to the importance of a bachelor’s degree with a focus on International Studies.
What is International Relations?
International relations, in the most basic sense, is the study of these challenges, relationships, and institutions from the international level (e.g. the United Nations or the World Trade Organization) to regional or local levels, such as states, societies, organizations and even individuals. It considers the impact not only of political relations, but also of economic practices and institutions, technological developments, and matters of identity.
The following are requirements for all applicants:
- A High school diploma or a GED completion certificate.
- Official high school transcript.
- Official transcript(s) from all accredited college(s) attended.
- The results of the ACT or SAT examinations.
- A completed East-West University Application for Admissions and the non-refundable application fee. The results of the TOEFL (for foreign students only).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The program embodies three broad blocks of curricular requirements or components:
- I: General Education Core
- II: BHS core and concentration courses
- III: Elective courses
I: General Education Core courses:
- 5 specified courses in English and Communications for a total of 20 quarter hours;
- 1 specified mathematics course, one biology course, and 12 additional hours from biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics for a total of 20 hours;
- 1 specified humanities course and 16 additional quarter hours selected from behavioral and social sciences and humanities for a total of 20 hours;
- 1 specified course from computer and information science for a total of 4 hours.
II: BHS Core and selected International Relations concentration area courses
- 11 specified BHS core courses, and an additional 16 hours BHS elective courses for a total of 60 hours
III: Elective courses:
- 56 quarter hours from freely selected courses
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
International Student Tuition: $7,550.
It includes tuition, University, and registration fee.
The interdisciplinary scope of the International Relations focus area gives students the kind of wide-ranging background which many graduate and professional degree programs find attractive in applicants. In particular, students wishing to continue their education may go on to graduate programs in Political Science, Economics, Sociology, Business, or Law.
A bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Sciences with a concentration in International Relations, like other liberal arts degrees, may not give you immediate entry into a specific field. However, with its broad knowledge base, it can be the differentiator you need to excel in a variety of occupations … and help you pursue careers in International Relations. These occupations include, but are not limited to the following:
- Foreign Affairs Analyst
- Foreign Service Officer
- Immigration Specialist
- Intelligence Specialist
- Language Specialist
- Market Research Specialist
- Further Education in International Relations
About this institute
East-West University educates students to participate in a global society. A pioneer in diversity, the University opens doors of academic and intellectual opportunities to students of diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, and religions. Faculty members engage students in rigorous study and research,...
Want to know more about Bachelor of Arts in Behavioral Sciences – International Relations Concentration? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Carson, United States of America