Bachelor of Arts in Behavioral Sciences – Criminal Justice Concentration
What do you think of when you think about criminal justice programs in Chicago? Righting wrongs … fighting crime … seeking justice – the truth is, it’s all that and more. Let East-West University’s BHS program with a criminal justice concentration prepare you for a life of service and significance for your community and society in the field of Criminal Justice.
Like many institutions with accredited criminal justice courses, our bachelor’s degree program will guide you through a strong general education core … a focused criminal justice concentration … and relevant electives to meet your specific educational – and career – goals. The program is designed to:
- Prepare you for professional services in the area of criminal justice in a variety of settings
- Offer the education foundation necessary to continue life-long professional development
- Foster commitment toward a local, regional, and global humane service-oriented perspective and dedication to professional values in the area of criminal justice
- Help you develop within the criminal justice profession and in its responses to the changing needs of society
The following are requirements for all applicants:
- A High school diploma or a GED completion certificate.
- Official high school transcript.
- Official transcript(s) from all accredited college(s) attended.
- The results of the ACT or SAT examinations.
- A completed East-West University Application for Admissions and the non-refundable application fee. The results of the TOEFL (for foreign students only).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The program embodies three broad blocks of curricular requirements or components:
- I: General Education Core
- II: BHS core and concentration courses
- III: Elective courses
I: General Education Core courses:
- 5 specified courses in English and Communications for a total of 20 quarter hours;
- 1 specified mathematics course, one biology course, and 12 additional hours from biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics for a total of 20 hours;
- 1 specified humanities course and 16 additional quarter hours selected from behavioral and social sciences and humanities for a total of 20 hours;
- 1 specified course from computer and information science for a total of 4 hours.
II: BHS Core and selected Criminal Justice concentration area courses
- 11 specified BHS core courses, and an additional 16 hours BHS elective courses for a total of 60 hours
III: Elective courses:
- 56 quarter hours from freely selected courses
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
International Student Tuition: $7,550.
It includes tuition, University, and registration fee.
At the completion of this program, you’ll be able to:
- Apply theoretical and empirical knowledge from the liberal arts, the sciences, and criminal justice to provide professional services in the area of criminal justice.
- Pursue further studies in a graduate-level programs for Criminal Justice or closely related fields
- Employ relevant best practices to protect the growth and wellbeing of contemporary society
- Promote equity and equality as they relate to criminal justice
- Improve services to disadvantaged communities in the area of criminal justice
- Internalize criminal justice best practices on personal and professional values which incorporate a humane, service-oriented perspective
- Accept responsibility and accountability for professional and personal development
About this institute
East-West University educates students to participate in a global society. A pioneer in diversity, the University opens doors of academic and intellectual opportunity to students of diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, and religions. Faculty members engage students in rigorous study and research,...
Want to know more about Bachelor of Arts in Behavioral Sciences – Criminal Justice Concentration? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Carson, United States of America
San Diego, United States of America
Chicago, United States of America
Honolulu, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America
Campbellsville, United States of America
Wisconsin, United States of America
Carson, United States of America