International Banking and Finance MScDe Montfort University
About this program
International Banking and Finance MSc
The course will enable you to develop skills in the analysis of international financial markets and institutions, and provide you with a conceptual and theoretical grounding in current concepts and techniques in bank financial management, portfolio management, financial econometrics, business analytics and associated areas.
You will also be introduced to a range of empirical techniques enabling you to analyse sectoral dynamics, the impact of innovation on performance, and the impact of regulation and policy interventions on the financial services industry. The modules you will take consider international aspects of banking and finance and you will have the option to work on an Executive Company Project or traditional dissertation during the summer. There are also opportunities to get involved with a DMU Global international experience programme.
Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Banking or Business-related subjects with a minimum pass of a Second-Class Honours, an equivalent overseas qualification, or an equivalent professional qualification.
Professional qualifications deemed to be of equivalent standing, relevant work experience and strong quantitative degrees (Statistics, Engineering, Maths and Physics) will be considered on an individual basis.
English Language requirements
If English is not your first language, an IELTS score of 6.0 (including a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent is normally required.
English language tuition is available at DMU both before and during the course, if required.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Opportunity to pursue an Executive Company Project
An International Banking and Finance MSc will open up a wide range of career opportunities as you develop a broad base of skills that are in great demand with global employers.
You may choose to pursue careers in banking, finance, accounting or a variety of other roles within the financial services industry.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
You will be taught through a combination of lectures, tutorials, seminars, group work and self-directed study. Assessment is through coursework (presentations, essays and reports) and usually an exam or test.
2021/22 tuition fees
- UK/EU students: £7,700 per year.
- International students: £14,600 per year.
This accreditation aims to help students achieve a globally recognised professional qualification at the same time as their degree, ensuring they have a competitive edge upon graduation. A number of sponsorships are available each year to students enrolled on the course to gain the Introduction to Securities and Investment professional qualification.
- Research Methods
- International Financial Markets and Institutions
- Bank Financial Management
- Credit and Lending
- Financial Econometrics
- International Banking and Financial Regulations
- Portfolio Management
- Applied Trading
- Sustainable Banking, Finance, and Development
- Business Analytics
Message the school
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
De Montfort University
Want to know more about International Banking and Finance MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!