Fashion Communication and Styling BA (Hons)
As part of the global fashion industry, the fashion stylist and communicator creates visual stories, employs technologies and exploits promotional platforms. You’ll learn how to engage with audiences and tell ‘style stories’ to transform fashion products from just objects into modern must-have trends.
You’ll become proficient in visual research, illustration and storyboarding, and project management. You’ll work collaboratively with peers and industry experts and foster a network of future career contacts and opportunities.
A good digital portfolio and normally:
- Art and Design Foundation or
- 112 points from at least 2 A-levels including grade C in Art and Design or
- BTEC Extended Diploma DMM in an Art and Design related subject or
- International Baccalaureate: 26+ Points including Art and Design
Plus five GCSEs grades 9-4 including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above.
Additional qualifications include:
- Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit (or equivalent) and GCSE English (Language or Literature) at grade 4 or above.
We will normally require students have had a break from full-time education before undertaking the Access course.
- We also accept the BTEC First Diploma plus two GCSEs including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with 5.5 in each band, or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Fashion Styling
- Photography and Video for Fashion
- Visuals and Illustration
- Communication Creation
- Design Cultures 1
- Professional and Promotional Practice
- Concept to Consumer
- Image and Moving Image
- Fashion Event Styling
- Design Cultures 2
- Optional Placement Year
- Fashion Communication and Styling Consultancy
- Personal Employability Portfolio
- Major Project: Communication and Styling
- Design Cultures 3
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
2021/22 tuition fees
- UK students: £9,250 per year
- International students: £14,250 per year
- EU students: Check the website for more information
We expect graduates to go on to a variety of areas within the fashion styling and communication industries such as journalist contributors, media commentators, editors stylists, fashion researchers, show producers, show curators and art directors.
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
Want to know more about Fashion Communication and Styling BA (Hons)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...