The English MA offers the best of both taught and research-focused postgraduate courses, enabling students to concentrate on their chosen assessments and individual interests while teaching them the practical skills involved in Humanities research, ranging from first-hand experience of conference management, presenting work and writing for publication. It is an ideal stepping-stone to either research at PhD level or a career in teaching, publishing, research or event management. The focus on individual choice, developing your own specialisms, enables you to produce your best possible work.
You should have the equivalent or above of a 2:2 UK bachelor’s honours degree.
We encourage and welcome applications from applicants with a wide range of backgrounds and perspectives and all non-standard applications will be considered..
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.5 overall with 5.5 in each band, or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Structure and Variation in Language
- Meaning in Language
- Research Methods
- Conference Organisation and Presentation
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
2021/22 tuition fees
- UK/EU students: £8,350 per year
- International students: £14,600 per year
Students can undertake careers in a range of areas, including events management, teaching and further research including PhD research.
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
Want to know more about English MA? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...