About this program
Data Analytics MSc
Professionals with the ability to interrogate datasets by applying analytical techniques to describe and predict business performance are in high demand worldwide. Designed to equip you with the technical expertise needed for a career in industry, this course will prepare you for roles in analytics by developing your technical expertise and professional skills in business intelligence.
The first semester modules focus on core topic areas such as statistics, database design and programming, enabling you to gain insights into large multivariate datasets and apply your problem-solving abilities to explore business opportunities and challenges faced by data scientists when using business intelligence systems.
In the second semester you will apply your technical knowledge and further progress your analytical expertise by focusing on specific data science subject areas such as big data, data mining and business intelligence. You will also be encouraged to demonstrate your technical and analytical abilities in response to real-world problems during your final-semester individual project.
Our graduates leave with sought-after skills for business intelligence and data mining roles within any field of data science. Opportunities also exist for further academic study towards a doctorate degree and a career in research.
You should have the equivalent of a British Honours degree (2:2 minimum) in a relevant subject.
We are happy to consider equivalent qualifications from anywhere in the world.
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Business Intelligence Systems Concepts and Method
- Research Methods
- Data Warehouse Design and OLAP
- Business Intelligence Systems Application and Development
- Big Data Analytics
- Data Mining Techniques and Applications
- Analytics Programming
- Individual project
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Teaching will normally be delivered through formal lectures, informal seminars, tutorials, workshops, discussions and e-learning packages. Assessment will usually be carried out through a combination of individual and group work, presentations, reports, projects and exams.
2021/22 tuition fees
- UK/EU students: £8,170 per year
- International students: £15,100 per year.
Message the school
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
Want to know more about Data Analytics MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...