Architecture BA (Hons)
Studying Architecture offers you the opportunity to pursue a career in an exciting, creative and fast-paced industry which hugely influences the world around us.
On this course you’ll discover how to bring your visions and designs to life, with successful graduates progressing into rewarding careers which have the potential to improve and enhance the lives of countless people. With the knowledge gained as part of this degree, can witness your work turn into tangible creations that serve the communities around you.
You will learn about the history of architecture and design, alongside completing technical, practical and professional exercises relating to ethical architecture in the commercial world.You’ll have opportunities to undertake design projects in a range of spatial, social and topographical settings, from the smallest of residences and objects through to complex megacities and events.
This course is a professionally validated undergraduate degree which prepares students for a postgraduate degree in Architecture, which most graduates will progress to. Graduates pursue successful careers in non-professional pathways using their skills in creative design, strategic thinking, leadership and organisation.
A good portfolio and normally:
- Art and Design Foundation or
- 136 points from at least 2 A levels or
- BTEC Extended Diploma DDM or
- International Baccalaureate: 32+ Points
Plus five GCSEs grades 9-4 including English Language or Literature and Maths or Science at grade 4 or above.
- Pass Access QAA Accredited AHE Diploma with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit and GCSE English (Language or Literature) and Maths or Science at grade 4 or above
We will normally require students to have had a break from full time education before undertaking the Access course.
We also accept the BTEC First Diploma plus two GCSEs including English and Maths or Science at grade 4 or above.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Studio 1
- Studio 2
- Architectural Communication 1
- Building Performance and Technology 1
- Architectural History and Philosophy
- Studio 3
- Studio 4
- Architectural Communication 2
- Building Performance and Technology 2
- Building Performance and Technology 3
- Architectural Theories Urban Studies
- Studio 5
- Dissertation: Cultural and Contextual Studies
- Technology and Environmental Studies
- Practice, Profession and Ethics
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
You will be taught through a combination of lectures, tutorials, seminars, group work and self-directed study.
2021/22 tuition fees
- UK students: £9,250 per year
- International students: £14,250 per year
- EU students: Check the website for more information
Many of our graduates follow the conventional route to qualification and registration as an Architect. Others use their degree to launch careers in related fields such as architectural conservation, urban design, research, planning and project management, or go into other fields such as journalism, heritage and history, film, web design, lifestyle design, game design, event design and digital animation, strategic management and political advocacy.
Recent employers include Heatherwick Studio, Make Architects and Shigeru Ban Architects.
Tom Cox secured a Part II Architectural Assistant position with Bristol-based practice Wotton Donoghue after spent five ‘great years’ studying Architecture BA (Hons) and Architecture MArch at DMU.
Meet Neil Stacey our Associate Professor in Architecture BA (Hons) as he discusses why you should study Architecture at DMU.
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
Want to know more about Architecture BA (Hons)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...