Accounting and Finance MScDe Montfort University
About this program
Accounting and Finance MSc
An ideal choice for both new graduates and finance professionals looking to progress their career, this programme is the opportunity to specialise in different areas of accounting and finance. It helps prepare full-time students for entry-level positions as they start their career, as well as supports learning career development opportunities for those in a range of roles such as accountants, auditors, practising managers, business consultants and finance experts from various backgrounds.
This course provides a critical approach to the theoretical underpinnings of accounting and finance. You will get practical experience of tools, techniques, financial databases, and research skills. The programme leads with core taught modules that critically examine the scope of generic accounting and finance, as well as modules such as Contemporary Issues in International Financial Reporting, Evaluation of Management Accounting, and Applied Corporate Finance.
You will also undertake the Research Methods module which not only develops and enhances your research skills but also helps prepare you for your dissertation. As part of the Applied Trading module you will undertake a two-week intensive study with our Trading room facilities, where students can consider the practical aspects of investment and strengthen their knowledge in this area.
You will also be prepared for future self-reflection and career development through the Knowing and Developing Yourself for Professional Success module. In addition to these core areas, students can select an area of interest and specialism from a comprehensive list of elective modules.
This allows you to design your own personal pathway, combining core modules with specialisms that are in line with your interests and career ambitions. Specialisms may include business analytics, governance and social responsibility, assurance and risk, and behavioural finance.
This course provides career entry opportunities for full-time students as well as being an ideal choice for accountants, auditors, practising managers, business consultants and finance experts from various backgrounds to learn new skills that support career development.
Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Banking or Business-related subjects with a minimum pass of a Second-Class Honours, an equivalent overseas qualification, or an equivalent professional qualification.
Fully qualified Professional Accounting applicants (such as CIMA/ACCA and 3 years work experience plus examinations) are eligible for accelerated entry (90 credits) on to the programme on a part-time basis.
English Language requirements
If English is not your first language, an IELTS score of 6.0 (including a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent is normally required.
English language tuition is available at DMU both before and during the course, if required.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Semester One (September -January)
- Executive Business Simulation
- Contemporary Issues in International Financial Reporting
- Management Accounting
- Applied Corporate Finance
- Research Methods
Semester Two (January - May)
- Portfolio Management
Choose one from the following:
- Business Analytics
- Governance & Social Responsibility
- Assurance and Risk
- Behavioural Finance
- Applied Trading
Semester Three (May -September)
- Business Research Project
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
2021/22 tuition fees
- UK/EU students: £7700 per year
- International students: £14,600 per year
Enhance your existing qualifications and global career prospects with a specialist master’s in business economics and business finance. This course will provide advanced preparation for careers in the policy making, organisational decision making and the financial world.
Message the school
About this institute
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) in England welcome hundreds of European students every year for one of our 300 courses at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have approx. 25,000 students studying in our 4 faculties; Business & Law; Health &...
Why study at De Montfort University
- Ranked 20th for Graduate Prospects (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020)
- In the top 10% of institutions overall recognised by the Times Higher Education’s Impact Rankings 2020
- TEF Gold Award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework – the only government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in higher education.
- Campus of the Future - DMU has invested £136m in transforming its campus, creating new green space in Leicester and using renewable energy technology. Four of the largest campus buildings generate renewable energy via more than 1,110 solar panels, and a wood biomass boiler cuts out the need to burn fossil fuels.
- 2030 Climate Action - More than 100 students and staff have taken part in carbon literacy training to understand how choices like transport, clothes, overseas travel and food impact the planet. DMU and the University of Leicester have teamed up with Leicester City Council to deliver the training in city schools. DMU has halved its carbon dioxide emissions since 2005.
De Montfort University
Want to know more about Accounting and Finance MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!