Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security (N-AGRIFOM)Czech University of Life Sciences Prague (Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources)
About this program
Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security(N-AGRIFOM)
Agriculture and healthy food respecting the environment
The master's degree programme is tailored for students who are interested in the environment, agriculture, food production and food quality and who are curious about how to manage food production activities in a sustainable way.
Food production faces new challenges towards greater sustainability. There is a huge consumer pressure towards food quality and safety, improved public health and reduced environmental impacts. Commitments of the EU towards carbon free economics and the new Farm to Fork Strategy suggest coming changes in the food markets and our dietary patterns towards plant-based foods. The future managers of the food sector will have to deal with these challenges, contributing to the development and implementation of sustainable food processes and related activities, and to the development of environmentally and socially responsible organisations. It can be you.
The programme is taught in English and can be studied entirely in Prague or as a double degree programme with the University of Pisa. The choice can be made during the first semester. Double degree students will spend one semester in Pisa and will receive two diplomas and academic degrees.
You will learn about sustainable agricultural practices, acquire knowledge in chemistry to be able to understand food quality, learn about novel biotechnology approaches, food production techniques, sustainability and how to measure sustainability. You will have the opportunity to choose your MSc. project based on your preferences in one of the laboratories, either in food quality assessment using top LC-MS or NMR techniques, gene techniques in Pisa University research facilities, and also in the field of food technology production.
- Completed Bachelor's degree (BSc diploma and BSc transcript)
- Internationally recognised language certificate at B1 level
- Letter of recommendation
Is this programme suitable for me?
Sustainable Agriculture and Food is suitable for you if...
- You have a passion for the environment, biology, chemistry,
- You want to know how our food is made from “Farm to Fork“,
- You care about food quality and safety and you want to know how our food is actually produced and processed,
- You like to study in an international multicultural environment,
- You like to travel and fancy spending one semester abroad,
- You want to engage in discussions about the future human diet and sustainability.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
1 st Year
- Plant Physiology
- Animal Physiology
- Experimental Design and Statistics
- Agricultural Water Management Excursion *)
- Compulsory Optional Subject I
- Soil and Plant Relationship
- Livestock Management
- Food Chemistry
- Practical Diploma Training
- MSc. Thesis
- Food Quality and Food Safety
- Environmental Analytical Chemistry
- Crop Management Systems
- Compulsory Optional Subject II
- Management of Reproduction in Livestock
- Rural Development
- Food, Beverages and Food Additives
- Alternative Agriculture
- MSc. Thesis
Compulsory Optional Subjects I
- Crop and Irrigation Systems Management
- Soil Conservation and Protection
- Weed Science
- Animal Genetics
- Animal Feeding
- Diseases of Crops of Temperate Climate
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology
Compulsory optional subjects II
- Plant Breeding and Seed Production
- Aromatic, Medicinal and Spice Plants
- Management of Turf and Lawn
- Soil Taxonomy Survey and GIS
- Hydropedology and Groundwater Protection
- Excursion (with AIA14E)
- Poultry Management
- Milk and Dairy Products Quality and Processing
- Sensory Analysis of Agricultural Products
- Rabbit Production
- Environmental Economics
Scholarships & funding
University/faculty merit scholarship
The Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources offers a merit scholarship to international students of Master’s study programmes taught in English who achieve excellent study results.
Master’s degree students can apply for merit scholarship in their second year of study provided that they achieve study average of 1.0-2.0 in their first year of study. The scholarship ranges from 50% to 10% of annual tuition fee.
Scholarships of the government of the Czech Republic
You can find more information on the website of Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports.
Annual Tution Fees - CZK 80 000 (EUR 3 200)
You will have very flexible career opportunities in the food sector, both nationally and internationally. You will be a strong candidate for:
- management positions in governmental organisations,
- food industries,
- SMEs or other organizations involved in the food and agricultural sector.
For more information about your teachers and projects you can get involved in please visit our website (section Study)
Message the school
About this institute
Czech University of Life Sciences Prague (Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources)
The Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources is the oldest faculty of the Czech University of Life Sciences Prague with a 114-year long history of agricultural education and research in Prague. The study programmes focus on areas which are...
Average rating 4.5Based on 2 reviews.
Want to know more about Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security (N-AGRIFOM)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic
Diploma / certificate