Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master of Financial PlanningCQUniversity Australia
Master of Financial Planning
The Master of Financial Planning consists of 12 units of study, where eight articulate from the graduate diploma which is accredited by the Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority (FASEA). This course is appropriate for new entrants looking to meet education standards and existing financial planners who are seeking comprehensive knowledge in the field. The Master of Financial Planning offers advanced content, building on the topics covered within CQUniversity's Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning. The course provides for a wider range of study beyond the minimum necessary for professional practice.
AQF Level: Level 9 Masters Degree (Coursework)
- IELTS Academic: 6.0 with no individual band score of less than 5.5
- TOEFL Internet-based: Overall score of 75 with no score less than 17
- Pearson Test of English Academic: Overall score of 54 with no score less than 46
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must demonstrate one of the following:
- A completed Australian Bachelor degree, or equivalent qualification, in any discipline from a recognised tertiary institution OR
- A completed Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning, or equivalent, OR
- A completed Diploma of Financial Planning, or equivalent, current registration as a certified practicing financial planner, and 5 years relevant work experience.
For more information about admission and study requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Behavioural Finance
- Ethical Financial Planning Practice
- Financial Advice and Corporations Law
- Superannuation and Wealth Planning
- Taxation Law of Australia
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Retirement and Estate Planning
- Professional Advice Project
- Money and Capital Market Analysis
- International Financial Management
This program costs 14 610 AUD per term.
Scholarships & funding
The university offers a range of scholarships to support international students and encourages you to apply for one that's right for you. For more information about the scholarships, please visit the university website.
Interim and exit awards:
CL65 - Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning CL67 - Graduate Certificate in Financial Planning
Core learning outcomes:
- Articulate the theory and advanced practice of financial planning within the broader context of business and society
- Critically apply advanced financial planning theory within a complex environment
- Identify and respond to ethical issues in business and professional financial planning practice
- Effectively communicate in a range of academic, non-specialist and professional contexts
- Undertake research, evaluate information and synthesise relevant issues in financial planning and related fields
- Learn and work independently and collaboratively as a basis for self-managed lifelong learning.
Upon completion, you will meet the Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority education standards to practise as a Financial Planner or Estate Planner. You will be able to take a number of career directions including financial and estate planning in either self-employed capacity or employed by large financial services institutions.
About this institute
CQUniversity Australia has become one of the fastest growing universities in Australia, providing endless study and research options for students and researchers alike to excel in their fields of interest. Our commitment to learning and teaching, ground-breaking research, social innovation...
Be the first to write a review!
Mental health support after COVID-19
What do you expect from your university?
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...