About this program
Diploma of Social Care
The social care and community sector is a rapidly growing field offering a wide variety of employment options. Whether you are seeking a new career, or looking to build on your existing experience, this one-year course provides you with knowledge and skills for a range of community and human service roles. You will learn about working with individuals, groups and communities to help people access the care, support and services they need. You will also learn to locate and analyse key information to help you make practice decisions.
As a graduate you will have the skills for employment in community work, residential care, support services, youth work and aged care. This course provides a direct pathway into the Bachelor of Social Work Degree at Charles Darwin University, with full credit for the first year of study.
Admission requirements are met by one of the following:
- Successful completion of the Northern Territory Certificate of Education and Training (or equivalent) and the awarding of an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) of at least 60*.
- Successful completion of a national qualification at Certificate IV level or higher.
- Successful completion of at least 0.5 year of full-time study (or equivalent) of a higher education degree/diploma.
- Overseas secondary or tertiary qualifications considered equivalent to the above Australian qualifications.
- Attainment of a STAT Multiple Choice score of 135 (or a score of 145 if prior to May 2010).
- Successful completion of the Tertiary Enabling Program, the ACIKE Preparation for Tertiary Success courses, or other recognised tertiary preparation course.
- Submission of an acceptable personal competencies statement and/or employment experience.
* After any applicable adjustment factors have been applied.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee: $25,832
On successful completion of this course, student will awarded by Diploma of Social Care
Graduating from this course may lead to career opportunities in areas such as Youth services and support, Aged Care services and support, Child and family programs, Disability support and advocacy, Refugee and asylum seeker support and advocacy, Community service, support and advocacy.
Message the school
About this institute
Charles Darwin University
Charles Darwin University (CDU) is a sustainable, innovative, creative and inclusive new world university located in northern Australia teaching 24,000 students from more than 69 nationalities across 11 campuses and training centres, in over 100 regional and remote locations; and...
Why study at Charles Darwin University
High Graduate Salaries
CDU is ranked the number one Australian university for postgraduate employment outcomes.
Leader in Online Learning
CDU is a pioneer in e-learning and has been delivering courses online for almost 20 years. While you are studying online with CDU, you'll be studying with an innovative multi-sector university that is a leader in research and online study delivery.
With small class sizes, lecturers know your name and provide personalised support and advice.
You will receive support from academic staff and the dedicated International Student Support team, who will work with you throughout your studies to ensure your success.
Our main campus in Casuarina is surrounded by nature, with bike paths linking the University to the tropical surrounds, including a beautiful beach a few minutes away. Affordable public transport connects the campus to the Darwin Central Business District (CBD).
Dual-sector university is a pathway for everyone, from VET and undergraduate courses to postgraduate and higher degrees by research.
Charles Darwin University
Want to know more about Diploma of Social Care? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!