About this program
Diploma of Health Care/Bachelor of Nursing
The Diploma of Health Care/Bachelor of Nursing is a combined course that will see you graduate with two qualifications in the same time it takes to complete one.
The Diploma of Health Care is integrated into the Bachelor of Nursing and will be awarded after your first year of study, which means you'll hold a qualification and can start working in the health sector while you finish your degree.
The Bachelor of Nursing is a professionally-accredited degree and will qualify you to work as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) in Australia. It is recognised as as an approved program of study recognised by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
In order to complete the Bachelor of Nursing and qualify as a Registered Nurse, you're required to undertake two types of practical training: simulation blocks and supervised clinical placements.
You will complete three one-week simulation blocks (one for each year of study). These must be completed full-time and on campus at one of CDU's many simulation suites located across Australia. We have a simulation suite in Darwin, Alice Springs, Sydney, Melbourne or Perth.
Admission requirements are met by one of the following:
- Successful completion of the Northern Territory Certificate of Education and Training (or equivalent) and the awarding of an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) of at least 60*.
- Successful completion of a national qualification at Certificate III level or higher.
- Successful completion of at least 0.5 year of full-time study (or equivalent) of a higher education degree/diploma.
- Overseas secondary or tertiary qualifications considered equivalent to the above Australian qualifications.
Nursing students must meet a specific level of English language proficiency before they start in a course.
You can show English language proficiency by:
- completing a declaration that English is your primary language, or
- sitting an English language proficiency test.
English language requirements
To gain entry into Charles Darwin University, all Higher Education applicants must satisfy the University's English Language Proficiency Requirements for their chosen course of study. International applicants will be required to supply evidence of this at the time of application.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Diploma of Health Care Core Units
- Primary Health Care (replaces NUR115 from 2021)
- Introduction to Health and Wellbeing
- Professional Practice
- Communication for Person-centred Practice
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- Professional Experience Placement 1
- Anatomy and Physiology 1
- Anatomy and Physiology 2
Bachelor of Nursing Core Units
- Digital Technology in Healthcare
- Challenges to Health and Wellbeing
- Research and Evidence Based Practice
- Professional Experience Placement 2
- Mental Health (20cp)
- Pathophysiology for Healthcare
- Pharmacology for Clinical Practice
- Complex Care (20cp)
- Leadership for Nursing Practice
- Global Health: Social Justice and Sustainability
- Nursing Practice Project
- Professional Experience Placement 4
- Professional Experience Placement 5 (20cp)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee: $32,320.00
This course is accredited by the University in accordance with the Higher Education Standards.
Upon completion, you will graduate with two qualifications: Diploma of Health Care and Bachelor of Nursing
Message the school
About this institute
Charles Darwin University
Charles Darwin University (CDU) is a sustainable, innovative, creative and inclusive new world university located in northern Australia teaching 24,000 students from more than 69 nationalities across 11 campuses and training centres, in over 100 regional and remote locations; and...
Why study at Charles Darwin University
High Graduate Salaries
CDU is ranked the number one Australian university for postgraduate employment outcomes.
Leader in Online Learning
CDU is a pioneer in e-learning and has been delivering courses online for almost 20 years. While you are studying online with CDU, you'll be studying with an innovative multi-sector university that is a leader in research and online study delivery.
With small class sizes, lecturers know your name and provide personalised support and advice.
You will receive support from academic staff and the dedicated International Student Support team, who will work with you throughout your studies to ensure your success.
Our main campus in Casuarina is surrounded by nature, with bike paths linking the University to the tropical surrounds, including a beautiful beach a few minutes away. Affordable public transport connects the campus to the Darwin Central Business District (CBD).
Dual-sector university is a pathway for everyone, from VET and undergraduate courses to postgraduate and higher degrees by research.
Want to know more about Diploma of Health Care/Bachelor of Nursing? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Bowling Green, United States of America
Alliance, United States of America