About this program
Digital Visual Effects
The Digital Visual Effects program is the only two-year college diploma offering of its kind in Ontario. Facilitated at Centennial College's Story Arts Centre, it provides you with the opportunity to learn the industry-standard techniques required to produce the photo-realistic visual effects seen in films that would be impossible to capture with a live-action camera.
In this diploma program's courses, you learn to work with the various aspects of the filmmaking process and bring them together into a seamless final product, while also developing your skills in industry-standard software. The Digital Visual Effects program focuses on the core skills needed to make you employable in the VFX industry and gives you the ability to explain how visual effects contribute to the entire process of storytelling in motion pictures.
You channel your efforts into demonstrating these concepts and core skills through a unique final project, for which you produce a demo reel suitable for job application in the visual effects field.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- English Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take the Centennial College English Skills Assessment for Admission
Attend a mandatory Digital Visual Effects program admission session, where you submit a portfolio of work that should demonstrate creativity and an ability to communicate visually
We recommend your portfolio pieces include:
- 3 Digital landscape paintings
- 4 Digital art pieces (e.g. character concepts, 3D sculptures/models, video editing, photography and graphic design)
- 1 Interior perspective drawing
- 1 Shaded hand drawing
- 2 Additional traditional art pieces (e.g. landscape paintings, life drawings, sculptures and sketches)
Optional pieces can include:
- 1 Computer programming piece (e.g. original website, scripts, plugins)
Your presentation should be neat and simple and not distracting from the work itself.
This portfolio is best presented on a web blog or neatly organized on a USB key. Please photograph or scan traditional art work.
- After applying, you will receive a letter with instructions on how to book a Digital Visual Effects program admission session.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
For more information about fees and tuition, please complete an information request form.
Message the school
About this institute
Welcome to Centennial College
Centennial College is Ontario’s first public college with five campuses in Toronto, Canada. Centennial offers high quality Canadian Education that is hands on and employment focused. Programs at Centennial promote experiential learning with laboratory instruction, co-op education and industry placements. Centennial...
Want to know more about Digital Visual Effects? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!