Bachelor of Public Relations Management, HonoursCentennial College
About this program
Bachelor of Public Relations Management, Honours
The Bachelor of Public Relations Management, Honours program at Centennial College's Story Arts Centre is a unique, first-of-its-kind offering in Canada that combines public relations and business studies. In four years, this program will prepare you for an exciting career in public relations (PR), social media and corporate communications.
The Bachelor of Public Relations Management, Honours program, offered by the School of Communications, Media, Arts and Design in collaboration with the School of Business, will balance the theory, principles and application of PR with a solid foundation in business principles through ten core business courses.
During your time in the program, you'll complete real-world projects that will allow you to apply your newly-acquired knowledge. From writing media releases to planning events, you'll engage in practical scenarios that will ground the core classroom concepts of this four-year degree.
High School Applicants
To be eligible, high school applicants must have:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- At least six Grade 12 M or U, or OAC credits with an overall average of 65% or higher
Courses must include:
- Grade 12 English (U); final grade 70% or higher
- Grade 12 Mathematics (U); final grade 65% or higher
If you do not meet the math requirements, you may be considered for admission and will be required to complete a remedial mathematics course by the end of the first semester.
To be eligible, mature applicants must:
- Be 21 years of age or older by December 31 of the program year
- Provide transcripts showing Grade 12 English (U), OAC, or equivalent
- Provide complete academic history (transcripts or international evaluation)
- Provide a resume detailing work experience
Mature applicants are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
English language proficiency:
All course work at Centennial College is taught in English, and success in our programs requires a high level of English language proficiency including communication, listening, comprehension, reading, and writing skills. As such, all applicants to Centennial College must demonstrate an acceptable level of English language proficiency to be admitted to their program of choice.
In order to meet the language proficiency requirement, applicants can demonstrate English proficiency through:
- Previous education,
- Recognized English upgrading , or
- Recognized English proficiency tests or assessments.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
In Bachelor of Public Relations Management, Honours, you will:
- Develop a thorough comprehension of the public relations industry with a focus on building critical skills for career success;
- Learn the key business skills, including financial management, organizational behaviour, business law and accounting that will give you a competitive edge in the marketplace;
- Obtain know-how such as developing multifaceted social media and integrated online marketing programs to navigate today's digital world;
- Get a deeper understanding of the complex world we live in through coverage of global citizenship, corporate social responsibility, and the role communicators play in helping organizations make change.
To prepare you for a variety of careers, the Bachelor of Public Relations Management courses will include a strong focus on:
- Social and digital media
- Research and communications planning
- Strategic communications
- Corporate communications
A 14-week industry field placement, during which you'll gain real-world experience before graduation, will round out this program.
Because the program will highlight research, social and digital media, corporate communications and foundations in business, you'll develop the critical thinking and strategic communication skills to perform a vital role in healthy organizations and businesses.
Canadian students: $7,137.74 for two semesters
International students: $20,551.74 for two semesters
- Social media coordinator
- Community manager
- Public relations coordinator
- Corporate communications specialist
- Project coordinator
- Research associate
- Media relations specialist
Qualified graduates may be eligible to receive degree credit(s) with our partner institutions for learning achieved at Centennial College.
Message the school
About this institute
Welcome to Centennial College
Centennial College is Ontario’s first public college with five campuses in Toronto, Canada. Centennial offers high quality Canadian Education that is hands on and employment focused. Programs at Centennial promote experiential learning with laboratory instruction, co-op education and industry placements. Centennial...
Fax +1 416 289-5352
Want to know more about Bachelor of Public Relations Management, Honours? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!