Pure Mathematics (Research)
Pure Mathematics is a research area within which you can focus your studies as part of our suite of Mathematics research programs (MPhil, PhD).
The following specialisations are available within this research area:
- Ordinary and partial differential equations
- Functional analysis
- Analytical and computational spectral theory
- Quantum mechanics
- Number theory and its applications
- Mathematical physics
- Operator algebras and Noncommutative Geometry
- Algebraic geometry
- Algebraic topology
- Quantum field theory and statistical mechanics
- Conformal field theory and vertex operator algebras
Three research networks have been coordinated from Cardiff:
- the EU-TMR Network on Non-Commutative Geometry
- the EPSRC Network on Algebraic Geometry, Boundary Conformal Field Theory and Non- Commutative Geometry
- the EPSRC Network on Spectral Theory (jointly with a group from the School of Computer Science).
The modules shown are an example of the typical curriculum and will be reviewed prior to the academic year. The final modules will be published by September.
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
Please visit the website for information about tuition fees
Find out why our students love studying Maths at Cardiff University, hear about our range of flexible courses and opportunities to study abroad or in industry, discover how you can learn bilingually in a supportive environment and why we love our city.
About this institute
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK. As part of the Russell Group, our students benefit from our outstanding research quality and reputation, while...
Want to know more about Pure Mathematics (Research)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Doctorate / PhD
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain
Doctorate / PhD
Liberec, Czech Republic