Mechanical Engineering With a Year in Europe (France) (MEng)Cardiff University
Mechanical Engineering With a Year in Europe (France) (MEng)
Mechanical engineers are essential to the workings of the modern world, combining imagination and technology to offer innovative solutions across society and industry. They work across all industrial sectors, developing and manufacturing well-designed products through efficient manufacturing processes.
Choosing the MEng program offers you a quicker, more direct route to Chartered Engineer status than the three-year BEng. It allows you to use years three and five to expand and strengthen your knowledge in mechanical engineering.
You will benefit from advanced learning in design and management and an appreciation of the techniques needed to manage and organise a multidisciplinary engineering design project.
An added advantage of this course is that you study the French language as part of the first three years and spend year four studying engineering at a partner university abroad before returning to Cardiff for the fifth year.
Other Cardiff University Mechanical Engineering courses include:
- A thorough grounding in the fundamentals of mechanical engineering if you choose a BEng course
- The opportunity to follow a sandwich year in industry if you choose the relevant four-year BEng or five-year MEng degree option
- The opportunity to study abroad at a partner institution for one semester if you choose the relevant MEng (International) degree option
The distinctive features of the course include:
- Fast-track route to Chartered Engineer status
- The opportunity to learn in a research-led teaching institution served by staff rated highly in the last Research Excellence Framework
- The facilities that come with a successful research unit
- The opportunity to learn from leaders in their fields, through direct access to academic staff, many of whom are Chartered Engineers or have worked in industry
- Accreditation from the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- The opportunity to participate in the design, development, construction, testing and competition of a proven Formula Student racing car
- An open and engaging culture between students and staff
- The opportunity to improve your French language skills
- A year spent studying at a French university
The modules shown are an example of the typical curriculum and will be reviewed prior to the 2020/21 academic year. The final modules will be published by September.
Typical A level offer
AAA - AAB including Mathematics. If you are studying a science A level, a pass in the practical element (where applicable) will be required. Please note, General Studies will not be accepted.
Extended Project Qualification: Applicants with grade A in the EPQ will typically receive an offer one grade lower than the standard A level offer. Please note that any subject specific requirements must still be met.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- French for Year in Europe
- Electrical Technology
- Engineering Applications
- Professional Engineering
- Engineering Analysis
- Materials and Manufacture
- Mechanical Engineering Labs
- Control and Instrumentation
- Thermofluids 2
- Solid Mechanics and Dynamics
- Computing 1
- Engineering Analysis and Computing 2
- Manufacturing Systems Design
- Industrial Project Management
- Commercialising Innovation
- Fluid Mechanics
- Energy Studies
- Solid Mechanics
- Robotics and Image Processing
- Object Oriented Engineering Computing
- Waste Management and Recycling
- Fluid Power and Control
- Automotive Power Transmission
- Year in Europe
- Applied Numerical Methods in Engineering
- Automotive Design
- Integrated Building Design
- Renewable Energy Design
- Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering
- Mechatronics Design
- Energy Management
- Cond Monitoring, Modelling and Forecasting
- Risk and Hazard Assessment
- Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer
- Fundamentals of Nanomechanics
- Quality and Reliability
- Theory and Applications of the Finite Element Method
Tuition Fees for UK and EU students is £9,000
Tuition Fees for students from outside the EU is £21,950
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
What skills will I practise and develop?
This course is accredited via the Engineering Council, meaning the core competencies of UK-SPEC (UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence) are integrated throughout the taught years of the course.
Through lab work you will develop practical skills focused on the application of a range of engineering principles to real-life technological, regulatory and ethical problems encountered in the engineering profession.
You will develop your French language skills and gain an understanding of the academic culture of Higher Education and professional practice in France.
You will also:
- Enhance your communication skills, both orally and in writing through a series of reports and assignments
- Develop your knowledge, skills and confidence to solve multidisciplinary problems in a engineering context
- Enhance your team-working skills, ability to exercise original thought and good professional judgement
About this institute
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK. As part of the Russell Group, our students benefit from our outstanding research quality and reputation, while...
Want to know more about Mechanical Engineering With a Year in Europe (France) (MEng)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America