About this program
International Economics, Banking and Finance (Taught)
Our International Economics, Banking and Finance programme is designed for students with a basic knowledge of economics who wish to broaden their knowledge base for a career in banking, fund management, investment banking, corporate treasury, and other financial sector roles.
The programme focuses on understanding the behaviour of banks and other financial institutions drawing on the principles of microeconomics and the dynamics of the international macroeconomic environment.
It will provide you with a thorough understanding of how money, banking and finance interact and operate in the domestic and international economy. It will also help you to develop the analytical and descriptive skills required for a future career in banking and financial sectors.
You will benefit from training in advanced numerical and quantitative techniques and exposure to cutting-edge trading simulations in our flagship Trading Room. This 56-seat capacity trading floor is one of the largest in the UK and provides you with the opportunity to gain the practical skills required for life at the financial industry. You can also obtain Bloomberg Certification.
Typically you will need to have either:
- a 2:1 honours degree (GPA 3.0/4.0), which must include the following modules all passed with at least UK 60%/2:1, or equivalent: basic quantitative methods, macroeconomics, and microeconomics
- a university-recognised equivalent academic qualification
- or relevant professional experience (appropriate evidence will be required).
English Language requirements:
IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with at least 6.0 in all subskills, or an accepted equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please check the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
The modules shown are an example of the typical curriculum and will be reviewed prior to the 2022/23 academic year. The final modules will be published by September 2022.
- Principles of Finance
- Quantitative Methods
- International Banking
- Research Dissertation (IEBF)
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
- Tuition fees for UK: £9,450 per year.
- Tuition fees for International Students: £25,450 per year.
For more information about tuition fee, please visit the university website.
What skills will I practise and develop?
As a result of engaging fully with this course you will acquire and develop a range of valuable skills, those which are discipline specific as well as more generic ‘employability skills’. These will allow you to:
- Grasp complex issues with confidence.
- Ask the right questions of complex texts.
- Have an imaginative appreciation of different views and options and analyse these critically.
- Identify and apply relevant data.
- Develop practical research skills.
- Propose imaginative solutions of your own that are rooted in evidence.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively in writing and speech.
- Sourcing, interpreting and presenting relevant numerical information – to support the composition of projects reports and business cases.
- Work to deadlines and priorities, managing a range of tasks at the same time.
- Work as part of a team, developing a collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Use IT programs and standard software packages, where appropriate.
- Take responsibility for your own learning program and professional development.
Message the school
About this institute
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK. As part of the Russell Group, our students benefit from our outstanding research quality and reputation, while...
Want to know more about International Economics, Banking and Finance (Taught)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...