Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Clinical Dentistry (Endodontology) (Taught)Cardiff University
Clinical Dentistry (Endodontology) (Taught)
The MClinDent (Endodontology) course is a full-time three-year specialist training programme. It has been designed to enhance student life-long learning skills, aid in developing evidence-based practice, develop advanced clinical skills to enable you to become a mono-specialist in Endodontology, and facilitate further career development.
You will study 10 taught modules as well as a dissertation module based on your own research project.
Candidates must satisfy the requirements of Cardiff University General Entrance Requirement and, in addition:
- Hold a primary dental qualification (BDS/DDS or equivalent).
- Have a minimum of two years' clinical experience post qualification.
- Meet Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust requirements to hold an Honorary Clinical Contract: Occupational Health clearance including Exposure Prone Procedures (EPP) and Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) clearance (Enhanced).
- Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to obtain an overall IELTS score of 7 (with a minimum sub score of 6.5 in each of the four sub sections). This test will need to have been taken within 2 years of commencement of study. Applicants are required to have achieved the IELTS test result prior to an application being submitted.
- Selection to the Programme is through written application, meeting above entry criteria, receipt of two references (one must be academic, one must be clinical), and success at informal interview.
- On acceptance of a place a non-refundable deposit will be required.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Research Methods
- Foundation to Restorative Dentistry with Emphasis on Prosthodontics
- Foundation to Restorative Dentistry with Emphasis on Periodontics
- Foundation to Restorative Dentistry with Emphasis on Endodontics
- Prevention and Management of Pulp Disease
- Prevention and Management of Periradicular Disease
- Inter-Relationships with other Specialities
- Clinical Practice in Conventional Endodontics
- Dissertation (Endo)
- Management of Post-Treatment Disease
- Clinical Practice in Surgical and Advanced Endodontics
Full-Time tuition fees
UK and EU students (2020/21)
This course does not currently accept students from the UK/EU.
Students from outside the EU: £46,200
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
What skills will I practise and develop?
By fully engaging in this course, you should be able to:
- Develop and use appropriate systematic search strategies that incorporate a variety of electronic databases and other information sources.
- Define appropriate outcome measures and data requirements for specific research designs.
- Demonstrate the ability to set up, enter and manipulate data sets relevant to your area of interest.
- Analyse simple quantitative datasets using appropriate statistical methods.
- Evaluate the main research methods used in Restorative Dentistry and justify their use in relevant research literature.
- Contrast the likely quality and reliability of data collected using various methods.
- Critically appraise research papers and draw appropriate conclusions.
- Integrate knowledge and understanding of research methods to plan and design research proposals.
- Synthesise evidence from a variety of sources to develop a deeper appreciation of evidence-based clinical Restorative Dentistry.
- Use health informatics and information technology as a means of communication and data collection and analysis and for self-directed learning.
- Acquire, analyse, process and communicate information in a scientific, critical and effective manner to solve problems and guide clinical decision making.
On successful completion of the course, you should have the opportunity to pursue a career as a specialist in Endodontics.
About this institute
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK. As part of the Russell Group, our students benefit from our outstanding research quality and reputation, while...
Want to know more about Clinical Dentistry (Endodontology) (Taught)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Has COVID-19 affected your study abroad plans?
We want to hear your stories. Help us get a better idea of how the coronavirus is impacting international students by taking our two minute survey.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Brno, Czech Republic
Melbourne (Australia), Australia