About this program
Business Administration (Taught)
Demanding careers and family commitments are common obstacles to middle management professional development. In a business world of high input and high output, professionals are rarely afforded the headspace to plan and prepare a way forward.
The business of changing management is ours.
Our Executive MBA is your catalyst for change. Delivered in three-day blocks, over 28 months, the programme gives you the freedom and flexibility to pursue your career ambitions and study alongside work and home commitments.
Our team of academic and practitioner experts will help you become a reflective leader by encouraging you to integrate newly acquired theories and knowledge with the skills, values and experiences derived from your work and life to date. Whatever your background, they’ll bring you up to speed with the latest research and real-world insights from business, industry and beyond.
This research-informed, practice-focused, teaching will enhance your existing knowledge in core business management areas like finance, marketing, strategy, human resources, entrepreneurship and innovation.
Over ten core modules, two elective modules and a dissertation, you’ll evaluate the social, economic and environmental implications of management decision making in a range of sectoral and international contexts to forge a way forward for you and your organisation.
Typically, you will need to have either:
- a 2:1 honours degree, or an equivalent international degree
- a university-recognised equivalent academic qualification
- or relevant professional experience evidenced by a reference.
English Language requirements:
IELTS with an overall score of 7.0 with 6.5 in all subskills, or an accepted equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
The modules shown are an example of the typical curriculum and will be reviewed prior to the 2022/23 academic year. The final modules will be published by September 2022.
- Corporate Finance
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Leadership and Professional Development
- Dissertation (MBA Part Time)
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Sustainable Business Management
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
- Tuition fees for UK Students: £10,000 per year.
- Tuition fees for International Students: £10,000 per year.
For more information about tuition fee, please visit the university website.
What skills will I practise and develop?
If you are a manager who wants to adopt strategies and gain expertise to build and sustain business effectiveness in a competitive global market place then the Executive MBA is for you.
Our programme is designed to provide you with the knowledge and tools to enhance your professional performance and help you to realise your career potential and aspirations. It is a challenging programme but you will gain the breadth of knowledge and confidence needed to work right across any organisation, to have a strategic influence and to effect change.
The programme offers you the opportunity to apply your managerial experiences and academic theory to practical situations. The programme provides:
- Interaction with researchers and business scholars, many of whom produce world-leading research.
- The flexibility to manage a full-time career and study a widely recognised business qualification.
- The opportunity to share experiences with members of your cohort.
- The development of practical skills for management.
- The opportunity to network with members of the Cardiff Business School Alumni Association and to attend talks given by high-profile speakers.
We’ve developed relationships that range from the largest multinationals to the smallest micro-businesses including a wide variety of social enterprises and cooperatives. We use these networks to deliver value for our students through:
- real-world case studies and insights
- collaboration with our Public Value Entrepreneurs in Residence
- guest lectures
- field trips and workshops.
Message the school
About this institute
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK. As part of the Russell Group, our students benefit from our outstanding research quality and reputation, while...
Want to know more about Business Administration (Taught)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic