Ancient History (Research)Cardiff University
Ancient History (Research)
All available course dates
About this program
Ancient History (Research)
Supervised by experts, our postgraduates encounter exciting opportunities to debate and exchange ideas, whether through our internationally-connected Research Centres or numerous seminar series.
Our projects across disciplines continue to advance research, supported by partners ranging from the Arts and Humanities Research Council to the Wellcome Trust.
- Cardiff offers considerable research strength in ancient history and has very strong links with archaeology, medieval history and religious studies through the Centre for Late Antique Religion and Culture.
- Wide chronological coverage, from Archaic Greece to Late Antiquity
- Opportunities for interdisciplinary research with archaeology, medieval history and religious studies.
- Encouragement and support for postgraduate students from the University of Wales Institute for Classics and Ancient History, which is run jointly by Cardiff in association with the Departments of Classics and Ancient History at Swansea and Lampeter.
We offer a full range of expertise, but the following areas are of particular strength:
- History and Archaeology of Archaic Societies, the Roman Republic & Empire or the Later Roman and Early Medieval Periods
- Greek Epigraphy
- Political and Social History of the Greek City States
- History and Archaeology of the Roman Republic and Empire
- History and Archaeology of the Later Roman and Early Medieval Periods
- Warfare in Antiquity
- Housing and the Built Environment
- Gender and Sexuality
- Ancient Medicine.
Suitable for graduates in Ancient History, Classics, Classical Archaeology and related humanities and social science disciplines.
Applicants should normally possess a first or upper second class Honours degree or equivalent in an appropriate subject field and a good pass at MA.
English language requirements
IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with 5.5 in all subskills, or equivalent.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
For more information about tuition fee, please visit the university website.
Message the school
About this institute
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK. As part of the Russell Group, our students benefit from our outstanding research quality and reputation, while...
Want to know more about Ancient History (Research)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...