Accounting and Finance (Taught)
The MSc in Accounting and Finance has been designed to provide you with the breadth and depth of knowledge and expertise necessary to cope with the ever-changing financial environment.
The course is designed to provide you with comprehensive and rigorous training in advanced accounting and finance.
You will gain a solid foundation in both accounting and finance with the ability to select optional modules in the second semester which are tailored to your interests. You will also have the opportunity to focus on international aspects of Accounting and Finance.
This is a modular, research-led degree delivered by experienced academic and professional staff with international research profiles.
This programme provides excellent training for those who wish to pursue doctoral level research with a view to an academic of research-orientated career.
- You will be part of a community which is committed to delivering social improvement alongside economic development in the world’s first Public Value Business School.
- You will study at a Business School ranked 1stin the UK for research environment and 6th for research excellence (REF 2014).
- You will be a student of the only business school in Wales accredited by AACSB international (and one of only 5% worldwide).
Applicants are expected to have a minimum of a 2:1 (GPA 3.0/4.0) at undergraduate level in accounting and/or finance, from a recognised institution, which includes the following modules: two financial accounting modules, two management accounting modules and two finance modules.
Applicants whose first language is not English are required to obtain a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in each sub scores (or an equivalent English language qualification).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
There are six core modules and two optional modules. In addition you will undertake a research dissertation to complete your study.
In the first semester you will take four core modules.
In the second semester, you will take two further core modules along with two optional modules. The optional modules provide progression from those delivered in the first semester and allow you to expand your current knowledge.
Upon successful completion of the taught stage you will progress to the dissertation which is designed to enable you to apply the knowledge, understanding and skills learnt in the taught modules to individual independent research.
- Advanced Financial Reporting
- Research Methods
- Management Accounting and the Control of Organizational Performance
- Finance and Investment
- Research Topics in Accounting
- Research Topics in Finance
- International Corporate Finance
- Financial Derivatives
- International Accounting
- Behavioural Finance and Fintech
Scholarships & funding
For more information about scholarships, please visit the university website.
The full tuition fees for UK and EU students is £13,950.The tuition fees for students from outside the EU students is £23,450
What skills will I practise and develop?
As a result of engaging fully with this course you will acquire and develop a range of valuable skills, those which are discipline specific and more generic ‘employability skills’. These will allow you to:
- Grasp complex issues with confidence.
- Ask the right questions of complex texts.
- Have an imaginative appreciation of different views and options and analyse these critically.
- Identify and apply relevant data.
- Develop practical research skills.
- Propose imaginative solutions of your own that are rooted in evidence.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively in writing and speech.
- Source, interpret and present relevant numerical information.
- Work to deadlines and priorities, managing a range of tasks at the same time.
- Work as part of a team, developing a collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Use IT programmes and standard software packages, where appropriate.
- Take responsibility for your own learning programme and professional development.
Although this is a specialist programme, you will have a wide range of employment options to choose from, including professional accountancy, the financial services sector, management consultancy or a specialist position in the public sector.
About this institute
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University combines a prestigious heritage with impressive modern facilities, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the UK. As part of the Russell Group, our students benefit from our outstanding research quality and reputation, while...
Want to know more about Accounting and Finance (Taught)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic
Hong Kong, China