Bachelor of Arts in Creative IndustriesCanadian University Dubai
About this program
Bachelor of Arts in Creative Industries
The Bachelor of Arts in Creative Industries is a four-year degree that blends the fundamentals of a business program with courses in the media business, design, and communication, to help students become the creative leaders of tomorrow. Adapted from the prestigious Creative Industries program at Ryerson University’s Creative School in Toronto, the CUD BACI program will give you the skills in leadership, communication, digital literacy, and strategic thinking needed to be successful in a creative business context.
Typically, businesses in the Creative Industries are distinguished by the polarization between “suits” and “creatives” – between creative practitioners and those who manage and commercialize the creative process. Our goal is to bridge this divide through an academic program that provides opportunities that enable you to explore and understand the industry as both a creative process and commercial activity.
Applicants to the BACI program require a High School Certificate with a minimum of 75% or its equivalent.
This minimum score may be lowered to 70% for applicants that have a good portfolio related to creative industries.
A TOEFL score of 550 is required, or its IELTS equivalent of 5.5.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- The New Business: From Idea to Reality
- Creative Industries Overview
- Science and Technology in Society
- Modern Art Appreciation
- English I
- The Growing Business: Breaking Even
- Text, Image & Sound
- IP Issues in the Digital Age
- Applied Statistics
- Imagining the Creative City
- Introduction to Professional Communication
- Introduction to Visual Communication
- Digital Design Studio
- The Creative Process
- Entrepreneurship in Creative Industries
- Financial Management
- Islamic Culture
- GED Elective Course (1)
- CRI Department Elective Course (1)
- The Mature Business
- Organizational problem Solving/ Report Writing
- CRI Department Elective Course
- E-Business Fundamentals
- HR in Creative Industries
- Creative Industries Research Methodology
- Module A: The Big Night – Module A
- CRI Department Elective Course
- Managing Creative Enterprises
- Global Licensing/Distribution Agreements
- Studies in Creative Collaboration
- Big Night Project
Scholarships & funding
Scholarship awards range from 20%-50%.
The following scholarship options are available to Full-Time Undergraduate students:
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Sports Scholarship
- Financial Hardship Scholarship
- Special Needs Scholarship
- Special Talent Scholarship
Tuition Fees: AED 50,117 / year
As part of this degree program you will benefit from a unique set of experiential learning opportunities:
The Creative Zone
As a First in the Middle East, CUD will be introducing a new learning incubator to give students the opportunity to incubate ideas and work with industry partners to find solutions to real-world challenges in the Creative Industries. The Creative Zone will be at the heart of all FCAD programs at CUD, with courses linking to the Zone through curricular projects and students incubating creative business ideas through extracurricular activities.
The Creative Industries need entrepreneurial, versatile, innovative, business-minded thinkers at the helm to work with artists, producers, and creators, to help them find audiences and customers for their creative work.
Graduates of this program will have the requisite skills and knowledge to obtain employment and become leaders in this expanding economic sector in the UAE and beyond, in occupations such as:
- Product Development
- Brand Strategy & Design
- Advertising specialist
- Content creation & marketing
- Creative directors
- Social media manager
- Event Management
- Venue supervision
- Public Relations
- TV executives
- Photography, copywriting
- Design project manager
- User interface design
- Graphic design
- Design Management (business side of design)
- Jobs in non-creative businesses (banks, insurance, others) that need creative people, creative content & creative problem solving, management positions
- Further education
Message the school
About this institute
Canadian University Dubai
Canadian University Dubai (CUD) offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs based on a world-leading international curriculum. Located in the city’s vibrant business district, CUD gives students the unique opportunity to obtain a first-class Canadian education while experiencing the dynamic lifestyle...
Want to know more about Bachelor of Arts in Creative Industries? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!