Bachelor of ArchitectureCanadian University Dubai
About this program
Bachelor of Architecture
The Bachelor of Architecture is a 5-year terminal degree program, that will enable you to fulfill local professional registration while matching the licensing requirements of international associations of architecture. The program provides students with a thorough understanding of the functional areas of architecture, including the design tools, methodologies, and philosophies associated with decision-making and effective presentation processes.
The objective of this program is to blend the fundamentals of design and technology with business and entrepreneurship through behavioural, technological, sustainable, and aesthetic exploration. Students learn the theoretical aspects of space and built environment and apply them practically through internships in their final year. The curriculum supports the professional and multidisciplinary philosophy with students being encouraged to take advantage of the wide variety of courses offered at CUD to foster and develop their interests and talents.
English Proficiency Requirements
All students are required to provide a certificate of English proficiency, such as TOEFL (minimum score of PBT 500/61 iBT), IELTS (minimum band 5.0), EMSAT (Minimum Score 1100), or their equivalents on another standardized national, or internationally, recognized test that is approved by the Ministry of Education in the UAE.
This condition of the admission policy applies to all students of all programs whose medium of instruction is English.
Students who would like to join the program of Bachelor of Arts in Creative Industries are required to provide a certificate of English proficiency, such as IELTS (minimum band 5.5), EMSAT (Minimum Score 1250), or an equivalent standardized English language test that is internationally recognized and approved by the ministry of education in the UAE.
The minimum score of the English proficiency test is a TOEFL score of 450 or its equivalent for programs whose medium of instruction is Arabic. Students should note that in order to transfer to a university in Canada a higher TOEFL score (normally a minimum of TOEFL 550) or its standardized equivalent may be required, depending on the admission conditions of our partner.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- English I
- Calculus I
- Design Theory
- Introduction to Design (Studio)
- Drafting & Modelling
- Fundamentals 0f Innovation & Entrepreneurship 1
- English II
- Physics I
- Freehand Drawing & Rendering
- Human Factors
- Fundamentals of Design (Studio)
- Fundamentals of Innovation & Entrepreneurship 2
- History of Architecture & Interior Design 1
- Construction & Design Integration
- Design Principles (Studio)
- Computer-Aided Design
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship 1
- History of Architecture & Interior Design 2
- Site Planning & Landscape
- Advanced Construction & Design Integration
- Design Methods (Studio)
- Building Information Modelling
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship 2
- Professional Communication Skills
- Environmental Systems & Design Integration.
- Structures 1
- Environmental Design (Studio)
- Major Elective 1
- Research & Design Applications
- Advanced Environmental Systems & Design Integration
- Structures 2
- Design Studio (Housing)
- Working Drawings & Detailing
- UAE Society
- Planning & Urban Design
- Vernacular Architecture and Conservation
- Urban Study (Studio)
- Building Code
- Professional Practice & Project Management
- Integrated Design (Studio)
- Major Elective (2)
- Humanities Elective 1
- Design Studio (Institutional)
- Construction Economics
- Research & Design Explorations
- Communication Skills in Arabic 1
- Islamic Culture
- Senior Project - Design (Studio)
- Major Elective (3)
Scholarships & funding
Scholarship awards range from 20%-50%.
The following scholarship options are available to Full-Time Undergraduate students:
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Sports Scholarship
- Financial Hardship Scholarship
- Special Needs Scholarship
- Special Talent Scholarship
Tuition Fees: AED 84,924 / year
The Bachelor of Architecture program will equip you with:
- Creative and analytical skills
- An understanding of the economic, social, constructional, and legal environments in which the practice of Architecture operates
- Knowledge of professional architectural and ethical values
- A good understanding and proven ability in the fundamentals of architectural design
- An enhanced ability in graphic and oral communications
- Knowledge of building systems, codes, and appropriate technology and materials, and an appreciation of and sensitivity toward ecology and the environment
- Software skills aligned with the requirements of design
As a graduate of the Bachelor of Architecture program, you will have the qualification and skills to pursue opportunities in a variety of areas including:
- Space Planner
- Fit-out Consultancies
- Building Code Inspector
- CAAD Manager
- Urban Designer
- Urban Planner
- Landscape Architecture
- Interior Design Consultancies
- Sustainability Consultancies
- Real Estate Consultancies
- Construction and Project Management
- Government Offices (Ministries and Municipalities)
- Facility Management
- Master’s degrees in Architecture, Urban Design, Landscape, and Interior Design
- Teaching positions in related disciplines
Message the school
About this institute
Canadian University Dubai
Canadian University Dubai (CUD) offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs based on a world-leading international curriculum. Located in the city’s vibrant business district, CUD gives students the unique opportunity to obtain a first-class Canadian education while experiencing the dynamic lifestyle...
Canadian University Dubai
Want to know more about Bachelor of Architecture? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!