Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Art - Design
The Design Option offers students the study of graphic design, web design and motion graphics, plus development of fundamental design knowledge, skills, and creativity. All design courses are offered as hybrid courses, meeting once a week face-to face classroom, and with an online component, preparing students with fundamental understanding of the design processes in print media, web design and motion graphics. In addition, they are introduced to professional practices in graphic design.
Our goals are:
- To provide students with an understanding of the visual elements of art and principles of design.
- To provide students with technical and expressive fluency in industry-standard software application.
- To give students a critical awareness of own design work fulfilling graphics design communication purposes.
- To help students produce a portfolio of professional materials including a resume.
- To help students present and discuss own artistic works and practices.
- To introduce students to the requirements of an entry level position as a graphic designer.
- High school GPA of 3.0 (“B” average) or higher
- High school graduation certificate or exam results
- Proof of English proficiency
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
In addition to the Art major requirements, modules for the Design Option include:
- Intro to Graphic Applications
- Drawing 1
- Sources of Graphic Design
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Typography I
- Digital Photography
- Web Design I
- Motion Graphics I
- Motion Graphics II
- Web Design II
- Typorgraphy II
- Visual Identity and Branding
- Tuition Fees: $6,945 (24 units/2 semesters)
- Non-Resident Supplemental Tuition ($396/unit): $9,504 (24 units/2 semesters)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information
- Exhibiting artist
- Self-employed work for various organizations on free-lance or commission basis
- Art consultant
- Art director
- Medical illustration
- Book illustration
- Computer artist
About this institute
California State University, Dominguez Hills
Established in 1960, California State University, Dominguez Hills (called CSUDH) is a highly diverse, metropolitan university primarily serving the South Bay area of Los Angeles County with easy access to downtown Los Angeles, Hollywood and the sunny California beaches. CSUDH...
Want to know more about Art - Design? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America