Visual Effects With Foundation Year
The Foundation Year will allow you to develop your academic study skills and build confidence in your abilities, identifying your own strengths and development needs for progression onto an undergraduate degree.
Visual effects bring stories to life on the big screen. Using the latest techniques in 3D computer graphics you’ll create stunning objects and characters – and put these into real life footage to make believable scenes that will wow audiences.
We’ve linked up with industry specialists Creative Media Skills (CMS), based at Pinewood Studios, to create this unique course. It’s been designed by experts with industry needs in mind, so you’ll have the practical skills employers look for.
The film industry is a fast-moving world. You need to immerse yourself in it to stay in the game. That’s why we’ve made sure you’ll spend time studying with CMS at Pinewood Studios so you can use their connections to get up-to-date, inside knowledge of what the industry really looks like.
- In year 1 you’ll study at Bucks under the supervision of our industry expert lecturers.; in year 2 you’ll start to visit the studios for masterclasses, and by your final year you’ll be studying more frequently with CMS at Pinewood Studios.
- You will learn in small groups and benefit from more contact with our teaching staff, offering you personalised support, feedback and encourgaement to help you achieve your goals.
- Use industry-standard software and equipment.
- Study a practical course where you’ll be assessed on your creative skills.
- Start by learning the main skills for a career as a digital artist, then specialise in your chosen role for your final year projects.
What are the course entry requirements?
A typical offer will include GCSE Maths and English at grade C/4 or above and a UCAS Tariff score of 80-96. A minimum of two full A-levels (or equivalent) is required. Every application is considered on an individual basis.
You are also required to submit an electronic portfolio.
For more information about admission requirements, Please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Foundation Year Modules
- Preparing for Success Knowledge and Creativity
- Preparing for Success Self-development and Responsibility
- Inquiry and Research Skills
- Introduction to Moving Image Production
Year One Modules
- 3D Modelling & Pipeline
- Texturing & Look Development
- Lighting & Rendering
- Animation Principles & The Moving Figure
- Previz & Layout
Year Two Modules
- Compositing 1
- Compositing 2
- Modelling & Look Development
- Digital Sculpting and Organic Modelling
- Muscle Rigging
- Character Clothing & Simulation
Year Three Modules
- Industry Production Project
- Portfolio Piece
- Creative Production Project
Academic Year 2020-2021 Full-time Fees
- Home and EU: £9,250 per year
- International: £12,500 per year
What are my career prospects
Being based in part at the CMS facilities at Pinewood Studios, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to network and get a feel for the careers available. And with our industry-focused teaching, you’ll have the skills employees are looking for and a portfolio to impress.
The course is geared towards the film industry, but VFX is also a major part of TV and commercials too. You’ll also be learning skills that could get you work in other industries too, for example games and architectural visualisation; it depends on how you choose to specialise your skills in year 3. Past animation and visual effects students from Bucks have gone on to some great roles at companies like:
- TT Games. (Warner Bros)
- Mediatonic Games
About this institute
Bucks New University
“Shortlisted in the International category of WhatUni Students’ Choice Awards 2019’’ With a rich 125-year history, Bucks New University offers high quality, employment-focused degree programmes in a wide range of subject areas, from pilot training to business, and nursing...
Want to know more about Visual Effects With Foundation Year? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Detroit, United States of America