Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
We are the largest provider of Further Education (FE) and Apprenticeships in the area. Our core focus is on developing the work skills of our students, so that when they leave us, they are ready to start or to progress within their chosen career.
Through inspiring teaching and learning, we develop our students’ work skills, life skills and knowledge, and so help to build a thriving local economy and community.
- A passion for learning and success
- Supportive and caring
- Respectful and considerate
- A champion for equality through learning
- Ambitious and tenacious
- We are home to around 11,000+ students from across the region, the UK and the world.
- Our academic results are high and continue to improve.
- We’re a great place to study. 9/10 students tell us they would recommend The Bournemouth & Poole College to a friend.
- Our Apprenticeships training is consistently above the national average. We work with 2,000+ businesses across Dorset and the surrounding area. It means we can provide students with access to training, work experience and real life projects, adding to their CVs.
- Higher Education remains an important part of our provision. On average over 600 students (50:50 full time and part time) study degree level courses at The College.
- We are proud to be a community college and are closely embedded into the activities of the region and local communities. Over 2,300 of our students took part in volunteering activities last year.
- Our BASE team provides in-house access to work skills training and exclusive jobs that aren’t advertised elsewhere.
- We're a vital part of the community. Want to know why? Watch this short animation from the Association of Colleges.
Quality of provision:
- Ofsted: Rated Good (Grade 2) at our last inspection (2016).
- QAA: Rated as an established provider of Higher Education.
- Matrix accredited for our impartial and independent Careers Education, Advice and Guidance provision.
- National recognition and awards for our College Student Union and Student Voice.
|Art & Design|
|3D Computer Generated Imagery Modelling & Animation (Top Up)||On campus||1 year||Poole|
|3D Computer Generated Imagery Architectural Visualisation Top-Up||On campus||1 year||Poole|
|Performing Arts (Top Up)||On campus||1 year||Poole|
|Diploma / certificate|
|Art & Design|
|Graphic Design||On campus||2 years||Poole|
|Media & Communications|
|Visual Effects and Digital Film Production||On campus||2 years||Poole|
|Foundation / Pathway program|
|Art & Design|
|3D Computer Generated Imagery (Modelling & Animation)||On campus||2 years||Poole|
|3D Computer Generated Imagery (Architectural Visualisation)||On campus||2 years||Poole|
|Performing Arts||On campus||2 years||Poole|
|Business and Management||On campus||2 years||Poole|
|Computer Science & IT|
|Computing||On campus||4 years||Poole|
|Computing||On campus||2 years||Poole|
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.