About this program
PGCE Secondary Modern Music
At the heart of the PGCE Secondary Program is the notion of the teacher as a reflective practitioner. The course nurtures and develops a reflective approach to teaching and learning, and encourages BSTs (Bath Spa Teachers) to take a critical stance in their work. The Professional Studies Program is at the core of the PGCE Secondary Program, which integrates both University and partnership training.
You'll be organised in mixed subject groups, positioning you as a BST in the broader context of professional practice. The key generic and pedagogical issues addressed take you beyond the confines of the traditional subject curriculum.
Chat live with students from Bath Spa University
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Bath Spa University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
- The curriculum in Music. My emerging identity as a subject specialist teacher of Music.
- Adaptive Teaching (Inclusion in your secondary subject)
- QTS - Secondary
- Subject Knowledge: Music
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
International students Full time: £14,400
Program Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs)
- A1: a practical understanding of the teaching profession that enables critical reflection and evaluation of your own practice, or that of others, informed by evidence within the Secondary school
- A2: a systematic understanding of current issues and developments in Secondary teaching, which is informed by a critical awareness of research and your own experiences within the classroom
- A3: a systematic understanding of theories associated with Secondary education that leads to sound judgements being made in their application, through practice and reflection
- A4: A practical understanding of teaching within a Secondary Subject area, informed by experience of Secondary School settings
Message the school
About this institute
Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University is a top UK university for creativity, culture, enterprise and education. Based in a World Heritage city and connected to a network of international partners, Bath Spa University ensures that its graduates are socially engaged global citizens....
Want to know more about PGCE Secondary Modern Music? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!