About this program
Health and Social Care Management with Integrated Foundation Year
Our Health and Social Care Management course is designed to give you the opportunity to:
- Foster an informed and critical attitude to policies and interventions used to improve the management of service development and client care within the health and social care sector.
- Enhance knowledge of leadership and management skills and how these can be applied within a variety of sectors.
- Be familiar with the methods used to collect and interpret data.
- Help you become an informed, independent and reflective practitioner through the development and application of practical research skills.
- Improve your ability to think logically, analyse problems and communicate effectively within the workplace.
- Prepare for employment in a wide range of contexts either within or without the field of health and social care or for further study.
- Enhance transferable skills that you can take forward into employment including problem-solving, decision-making, digital literacy and written, verbal and visual communication.
Chat live with students from Bath Spa University
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Bath Spa University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
Year zero (Integrated Foundation Year) modules
- Perspectives in Health and Social Care Management
- The Health and Social Care Professional
- Academic Study Skills
- Communication for Professionals
- Introduction to Digital Marketing and Social Media
- Basic Statistics and Information and Communication Technology
Year one (Level 4) modules
- Principles and Practice in Health and Social Care
- Critical thinking and reflective practice
- Safeguarding & Prevention and early intervention in service design
- Collaborative Working in Health and Social Care Provision
- Working in partnership with users of Health and Social Care Services
- Questioning Society
- Epidemiology and Public Health
- The Business Environment
Year two (Level 5) modules
- Managing Human Resources in Health and Social
- Financial Management in Health and Social Care
- Organisational Management in Health and Social Care: Influences, Quality and Change
- Social Science Research Methods
- Work Experience in Health and Social Care Management
- Health: Mind, Body, Society
- Innovation Management
- Operations and Project Management
Year three (Level 6) modules
- Dissertation in Sociology
- Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care - CPD and Professional Practice
- Contemporary Issues and Debates in Health and Social Care
- Health and Social Care Work Based Service Improvement
- Enterprise: Creating Your Business
- Organisational Strategy
- Community Engagement
- Academic Skills for Health and Social Care Management
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Please visit the website for information about tuition fees.
Program Intended Learning Outcomes
- The Health and Social Care Environment: recognition of the local, national and global influences and forces (economic, social, ethical, political, ecological, technological and regulatory) and the professional practice expectations of the sector.
- Organisations: knowledge of how organisations work and of how design and development affects change, culture and values.
- Strategy: knowledge of policy and strategy for national and local industries.
- Innovation and Enterprise: recognition of different business and service provision innovation and enterprise development.
- Finance: knowledge of the sources of finance and the use of systems for planning and control.
Message the school
About this institute
Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University is a top UK university for creativity, culture, enterprise and education. Based in a World Heritage city and connected to a network of international partners, Bath Spa University ensures that its graduates are socially engaged global citizens....
Want to know more about Health and Social Care Management with Integrated Foundation Year BSc (Hons)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!