Business Management and Law
Law affects all of our lives and a knowledge of law increases our understanding of business, politics, society and the world in whichwe live. A degree combining Law with Business offers a valuable opportunity to understand the legal structure governing all aspects of our lives today, whilst gaining key business knowledge and skills that provide a valuable foundation for future careers.
This program combines the study of Business Management and Law, and includes topics such as Business, Management and Marketing alongside a range of Law topics such as Contract, International and Commercial Law. A background in these areas could open doors to a varied and interesting range of careers.
This degree is suitable for individuals aiming for a career in business and management, but who also wish to have a thorough understanding of the legal regulations within which businesses and industry must operate. It may also be suitable for individuals aiming for careers in management within the legal sector, where a thorough background in both law and business is highly valued.
For 2020 entry:
GCSE: Maths grade C/4 required. Typical offeris based on a minimum 112 tariff points from a Level 3 qualification* e.g:
- A Levels
- BTEC National/Extended Diploma and Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma: DMM
- International Baccalaureate Diploma, Access: Pass
- City & Guilds Advanced Technical/Extended, Diploma: considered on a case by case basis
- Welsh Baccalaureate is accepted.
International school leaving qualifications and college diplomas are accepted, subject to minimum English Language requirements).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Principles of Business & Management*
- Business Analytics*
- Tutorials in Management
- Legal Skills
- Contract Law
- Public Law
- Operations Strategy
- Leadership & HRM
- Business Information Systems*
- Plus a further 20 credits from a list of available modules (recent examples include): Law for Business, Statistical Methods*, Evolution of Management Thought, Marketing Research, Corporate Governance and Regulation.
- Choose 3 from a list of available modules (recent examples include): Tort, Roman Law and Legal History, Evidence, Employment Law , Media Law, Intellectual Property Law*, Equity and Trusts.
- Entrepreneurship, Capital and the Firm*
- Strategic Management
- Plus a further 30 credits from a list of available modules (recent examples include): International Business Competency, Business Management Project*, Globalisation and Multinational Companies, Enterprise by Design, Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Risk Management, Executive Compensation, Marketing Strategy and Management.
- Choose 3 from a list of available modules (recent examples include): Land Law, Company Law, Commercial Law, European Union Law
* Welsh medium version of this module is also available.
Course content is for guidance purposes only and may be subject to change.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will earn an BA (Hons) degree.
Many graduates pursue careers in the areas of management, marketing, human resource management, retail management, business management, trade and export.
About this institute
Want something different? Well you have come to the right place. Bangor University is a historic University located between the mountains of the Snowdonia National Park, the wonderful Irish Sea coastline, and the awe-inspiring Isle of Anglesey. What makes Bangor...
Why study at Bangor University
Gold rated teaching
Bangor University has achieved a Gold Award, the highest rating possible, in the national Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). The TEF assessment took into account teaching quality, learning environment and student outcomes and learning gain. We were judged to deliver consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students and our teaching is of the highest quality found in the UK.
A top 10 university
The National Student Survey (NSS) results place Bangor amongst the UK’s top 10 universities for student satisfaction (excluding specialist institutions). This reflects the University’s focus on overall student experience.
Wide range of courses
We offer hundreds of courses across the arts and the sciences. We pride ourselves on the quality of our teaching and our courses and lecturers have been rated in the top 10 in the country.
World class teaching & research
Study at a world-class university, which is recognised for the quality of teaching and research. Bangor University is in the top 40 in the UK for research according to the Research Excellence Framework 2014.
Work experience and placements
We offer a variety of options to gain valuable employability skills, which includes supporting you in work placements and internships that you may wish to undertake.
We guarantee accommodation for first year students who apply by the deadline and select us as their Firm Choice. Our accommodation was rated as the best in the UK at the What Uni Student Choice Awards 2018.
Free membership of all clubs and societies
Take advantage of the Bangor Student Experience with free membership of student clubs and societies. There are over 150 different ones to choose from, so you can try something new, get involved with sports, meet new friends and get out and explore the local area.
Choose to study in one of the best places in the UK to be a student. Bangor’s location – close to the mountains and the sea – has been described as ‘the best university setting in the UK’.
Want to know more about Business Management and Law? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia