Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Msc in Cognac & Spirits Management
In France, we practice Art de Vivre (the art of living) – an approach to daily life that incorporates beauty, culture, flavour and connection. This is such a core part of our culture that France is recognised by UNESCO for Intangible Cultural Heritage in gastronomy (the art of food and drink). This program teaches you how to translate the tradition of Art de Vivre into a thriving business as is done in Cognac – the only region in the world where Cognac is made, and the heart of the distilled spirits industry.
Gain the operational focus and experience you need to run a successful business embodying French Art de Vivre. During the program, you will:
- Gain knowledge in fields needed to run an international business such as finance, marketing, strategy and intercultural management
- Develop expertise in the production process, including distillation, aging and blending
- Learn how to market a luxury lifestyle, weaving together customer experience, story, branding and the senses
- Build knowledge of distribution practices and regulations, including import/export markets and trade • Master the culture and flavour of premium French spirits, learning to create mixed drinks, food pairings and other products that resonate with key markets
- Acquire training in a well-established market with huge potential for international growth
The Master of Science in Cognac and Spirits Management is delivered in partnership between Audencia and the Cognac-producing region of Charente. You’ll split your time between these two partners for a combination of academic, cultural and on-site industry training.
- Proficiency in English
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in any field, or exceptionally, a 3-year degree with experience or honours, or successful completion and validation of the 60 ECTS Pre-MSc program
Pre-MSc + MSc:
- 3-year degree in any field
Note: you can apply during the last year of your bachelor’s studies.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
If you have a 3-year bachelor’s degree, you will have to validate the 60 ECTS Pre-MSc programme before entry into your chosen MSc programme. For more information about courses, please visit the institute website.
Business & Management Fundamentals
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Finance
- International Strategy
- Global Marketing
- Managing Across Cultures
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethics
- Managerial Coaching
- Research Methods in Business
Introduction to French Art de Vivre
- French Art de Vivre, Myth or Reality?
- French Terroir: Products and Brands
- Optional: French language courses
Specialised operational courses
- Business of International Distilled Spirits
- Exporting & Importing Spirits around the World
- International Economic Models of Distilled Spirits
- Cognac: From Tradition to Innovation
- Pairing Food & Spirits
- Luxury Marketing
- Branding French Spirits in An International Market
- Digital Management in Spirits
- Global Leadership in International Spirits
- Master’s Dissertation
- Internship or Company Mission
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the institute website for more information.
Degree earned: Master of Science in Cognac and Spirits Management
- French Art de Vivre
- Spirits import/export
- Luxury goods and services
Examples of positions this degree prepares you for include:
- Brand ambassador
- Export manager
- Trade marketing manager
- Business developer
- Product marketing manager
- Marketing and communication manager
- Master blender
- Trade manager
About this institute
Audencia Business School
Founded in 1900, Audencia Business School is amongst the 1% of business schools holding all top international academic accreditations – EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA. We are known globally for education and research in the fields of business and management. Audencia...
Why study at Audencia Business School
Students at Audencia Business School come from all over the world – 87 countries, to be exact! We’re a diverse group of people with a few important things in common: we’re motivated, creative, optimistic and absolutely in love with our campus, community and city – our home.
Want to know more about MSc in Cognac & Spirits Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Graduate diploma / certificate
Graduate diploma / certificate