B.A. Business Administration:Marketing & Communications Emphasis
The B.A. Business Administration: Marketing and Communications Emphasis is a dually accredited program. You will get both American and European BA degree for a single price. The program is delivered by an international faculty with top qualifications and experience in the business world. We commit ourselves to a personalized education model: in Spring 2017, the average class size in business undergraduate studies is 19.4 students!
Today’s markets are global, online, and moving faster everyday. To get ahead, you need more than a business education, you need a portfolio of skills in many fields of business. This business program emphasizes the role of communications and marketing in 21st century business operations. You will master the written and verbal English skills necessary for international business, and develop qualitative as well as quantitative thinking. You will learn the craft of marketing, for print and web, and become experts in strategic marketing and communications.
This exceptional business program in Prague encourages you to understand marketing and communications from a social point of view, polishing your business education with deep understanding of socio-economic, legal, historical, and cultural conditions for aspects of economics, finance and management.
English proficiency at a level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). There are multiple tests that AAU recognizes as evidence of the B2 level proficiency, especially:
- TOEFL (iBT min. 71, PBT min. 525)
- IELTS (min. 6 – minimum of 5.5 in each subtest)
- FCE (min. C)
- CAE (min 160)
- BULATS (min. 60)
- City & Guilds – IESOL (Communicator)
- Pearson PTE (min. 59)
- IGCSE First Language English (C or better)
- IGCSE English as a Second Language (B or better)
- IB (English A or B at HL/SL)
For more information about language requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
General Education Courses
- Computer Information Systems
- Composition I. COM102 Composition II.
- Introduction to Microeconomics
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Introduction to Business Law
Program Required Courses
- Business Information Systems
- Introduction to Management
- Business Mathematics I.*
- Introduction to Marketing
- Business Ethics
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Business Statistics
Emphasis Required Courses
- Introduction to Sociology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Media and Marketing Communication
- Public Speaking
- Marketing Research
- Brand Management
- Buyer Behavior
- Public Relations
- 1 course from: Introduction to Advertising or Direct Marketing and Sales
- Strategic Marketing Analysis and Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Thesis Seminar
- 1 course from “Business Elective” group
- 1 courses from “Non-Business Elective” group
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Based on 15 credits (five classes)
Additional fees will include: CZK 4,750 Administrative fee
New visa seeking students fee is CZK 85,050 (bachelor students)
Graduates of the B.A. in Business Administration: Marketing and Communications emphasis program can expect to:
- Be competent in the craft and design of marketing campaigns, from a design and management perspective
- Have actionable knowledge of communications methods for stakeholders, i.e. owners, investors, community, and most importantly, customers
- Use conventions and trends for social networking, and internet technologies in general
- Communicate professionally, decisively and strategically in verbal and written English
- Recognize sociological and political concepts where they interact with strategic and intercultural communications
- Be of a class of business professionals that are able to manage their own career development, as well as the development of other individuals and groups
Having completed all program requirements, students are conferred a Bachelors degree. The degree awarded is concurrently recognized as a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in the United States, per AAU's accreditation by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, and as a Bakalář (Bc.) accredited by the Ministry of Education of the Czech Republic. Graduates may select whether to use the U.S. post-nominal or the Czech title
Access to Master’s Studies
Our business administration school encourages all graduates to continue their studies at a master’s level. All bachelor’s graduates are qualified to attend master’s level programs at AAU, such as the M.A. in Business Law in International Markets and MBA programs, or at other universities in the Czech Republic, European Union, United States, Canada, and many others.
Our graduates are prepared for success in Public Relations, External Affairs, and marketing and communications for international businesses, especially those that require skills in professional English.
Our graduates are able to communicate professionally, decisively and strategically in verbal and written English. They are able to identify, describe and discuss complex problems and solutions to international audiences. The B.A. in Business Administration: Marketing and Communications Emphasis program creates business professionals that are able to manage their own career development, as well as the development of other individuals and groups.
About this institute
Anglo-American University (AAU) is the oldest private University in the Czech Republic. It also a not-for-profit institution with a goal to deliver a truly international and unique study experience. Students from over 80 different countries Average class size of 15...
Want to know more about B.A. Business Administration: Marketing and Communications Emphasis? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
British Columbia, Canada
Chicago, United States of America
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
London (Ontario, Canada), Canada