Anglo-American University (AAU) is the oldest private University in the Czech Republic. It also a not-for-profit institution with a goal to deliver a truly international and unique study experience.
What sets AAU apart from other schools:
- Students from over 80 different countries
- Average class size of 15 students
- Faculty members from all over the world
- Over 20 graduate and postgraduate programs taught fully in English organized into 6 schools
- Exchange programs with over 40 partner universities around the world available to all students
- Double accreditation from the US and EU
- One of few universities outside of the United States to have received accreditation from the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
- Breath taking campus situated in the beautifully restored XVII century Thurn-Taxis palace in Prague
Scholarships & funding
Anglo-American University has a number of financial aid opportunities for our prospective students.
More information can be found in the Financial Aid and Scholarship under the Admissions section on our website.
Awards & Accreditations
WASC Senior College and University Commission
Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic
MBA at AAU is awarded by Chapman University in California, United States
Registered Centre - University of London's Teaching Institution Recognition Framework
gratend to John H. Carey II School of Law
Association of American International Colleges and Universities (AAICU)
Council of International School (CIS)
Anglo-American University is situated in the beautifully restored XIX century Thurn-Taxis palace in Prague’s historic Malá Strana district in the heart of Prague across the river from the Prague Old Town.
Immersed in vibrant student culture and situated at the foot of the Prague Castle, Anglo-American University’s location and diverse community will provide you with all you need to make the most of your university experience. AAU is the home to the Lennon Wall Magazine, Student Radio (Sound Bricks),Student run creative society Figment, Cafe Des Taxis, numerous clubs and student associations. Prague itself is home 80 museums, 600+ bars and music clubs (2nd highest density of venues per capita in the world!), 200+ green & recreational spaces to enjoy among others so there is plenty to explore and experience.
Anglo-American University is proud to offer its students the opportunity to live together with their classmates from different countries and cultures right in the heart of Prague, only 20 minutes from the AAU Campus in a lively district full of shopping opportunities, parks, and restaurants. For more details please visit our website.
Average rating 4.7Based on 3 reviews.
Want to get more information about this institute and its programs? Fill out the following form and we'll pass it on directly to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.