Master of Business Administration (MBA)American University of Sharjah
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
All available course dates
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The business world is changing and expanding constantly as we seek to develop markets and respond to the needs of consumers and companies.
With the UAE's place as a business hub for the Middle East well-established, many regional and international businesses have set up offices here in addition to prominent local companies. These companies manufacture, import and export a wide range of products to countries throughout the region and all over the world.
Our Master of Business Administration (MBA) program has been designed to provide our graduates with the skills they need to be competitive in today's dynamic, global marketplace. Business school graduates today must be exposed to the latest techniques and most current business practices if they are to be prepared to pursue careers in an ever-changing and complex world. The educational experiences our students have as they pursue their MBA at AUS prepare them for productive business careers and enable them to make valuable contributions to the organizations they join.
For full admission to the MBA degree program at AUS, an applicant must:
- have a relevant bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00. Applicants with a bachelor’s degree obtained outside the UAE must submit an equivalency of their degree from the UAE Ministry of Education, Higher Education Affairs Division.
- have attained a minimum Internet-Based TOEFL score of 80 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
- take the AUS MBA Admissions Test, or submit a GMAT score.
- submit a current vitae/resume.
General University Requirements for Conditional Admission
- hold a four-year bachelor’s degree from an independently accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Education’s Higher Education Affairs Division and by AUS (applicants with a bachelor’s degree obtained outside the UAE must submit an equivalency of their degree from the UAE Ministry of Education’s Higher Education Affairs Division)
- have attained a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 - 2.99 (on a scale of 4.00) or its equivalent
- have attained a minimum Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) score of 71 or or Institutional Paper-based TOEFL score of 530 or IELTS Academic version score of 6.0 overall. However, the MBA and TESOL programs require a minimum Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) score of 80 or an IELTS Academic overall score of 6.5.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
Applicants are requested to submit valid score reports from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Emirates Standardized Test (EmSAT Achieve-English).
IELTS Academic: 6.5
TOEFL iBT: 80
TOEFL iTP: 550
EmSAT Achieve-English: 1550
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The core courses of the MBA program include:
- Managerial Economics
- Organizational Theory and Behavior
- Management Decision Analysis*
- Financial Management
- Management Information Systems
- Applied Business Research*
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Strategic Management
* Indicates a half semester or a compressed course format.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, please visit the university website for more information.
Tuition fee : AED 156,750 per year
On completion of the MBA, you will be able to:
- demonstrate proficiency in the core business areas required of a business manager
- apply principles of economics, financial analysis, information and operations management, and marketing, allowing you to diagnose and solve complex business problems
- understand the interrelations between business organizations and other societal organizations in the gulf and internationally
- apply principles of ethics and societal responsibility to understand the management relationship between business enterprise and key internal and external stakeholders
About this institute
American University of Sharjah
Founded in 1997, American University of Sharjah (AUS) is an independent, non-profit, coeducational institution of higher education formed on the American liberal arts model. Acclaimed for its academic excellence and multicultural environment, AUS is ranked among the top 10 universities...
Want to know more about Master of Business Administration (MBA)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic