LEGS – Legal Studies is a 2nd cycle degree – 2 year Master program – entirely taught in English, forming graduates with strong legal skills qualified for legal advisory positions in the international context (International Organizations, Non-governmental organizations, corporations) or with an international perspective (national organisations, undertakings). The program provides students with the theoretical and practical skills to interpret, apply and modify the international, transnational and supranational legal instruments from a multilevel and comparative perspective.
LEGS is an international program for both Italian and foreign student. Exchange programs such as Erasmus, Erasmus Mundus, Overseas are strongly encouraged and supported.
There are specific enrolment procedures for each degree programme. You can find detailed information about how to apply, tuition fees and deadlines on the institute webpage.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Study Grands and Subsidies
University students may obtain economic support during their studies from the Emilia Romagna Region, the University of Bologna and other external bodies.
Tuition Fees Exemptions
Check our website to know which are the required documents to apply for exemptions and special subsidies.
5 Reasons to enrol on the Degree Program
- The first international master program in law in Bologna, the seat of the far-famed Studium Iuris founded by Irnerio, the ‘lamp of the law’
- Three different tracks: Global and transnational legal culture; Law, economics and finance; Human rights and social justice
- A multidisciplinary approach to the study of law
- International class and faculty and innovative teaching methods
- Dedicated study period exchanges and internship abroad
The legal expert in public administration can operate at national, European and international level.
- Graduates from this course are expected to gain the knowledge and skills to successfully participate to calls for accessing positions in local government bodies and organizations (Municipalities, Regions, Provinces); they can also work in Functional Bodies (ASL, Chambers of Commerce, Universities, Public Companies), national institutions (Government, Parliament), national agencies and Labor Inspectorates.
- As for the European level, they can also participate to calls to access top positions in institutions and other European bodies.
- The same applies with regard to international governmental and non-governmental organizations.
Of course, graduates in Legal Studies can complete their training by attending specialization schools, II level Master's and specialization courses.
- Legal expert in business
- Legal expert in Public Administration
About this institute
Alma Mater Studiorum – Università di Bologna
The Alma Mater Studiorum – Università di Bologna, the oldest university in the Western world, paves the way for innovation through an increasingly rich programme catalogue, cutting-edge research, a constant and increasingly broad international perspective and a strong third mission....
Why study at Alma Mater Studiorum – Università di Bologna
BECAUSE OF ITS INTERNATIONAL TEACHING AND RESEARCH
Over 700 teachers with responsibilities that include international relations. Students from more than 140 countries. 70 teaching projects with international Universities. The University of Bologna is part of several international networks that promote research activities in every field.
BECAUSE I CAN CHOOSE BETWEEN OVER 200 PROGRAMMES
221 degree programs, of which 78 are international. Among these: 91 first-cycle degrees, 13 combined bachelor/master degrees, 117 second-cycle degrees (Academic Year 2019/20).
BECAUSE IT HELPS ME TO IMAGINE A BETTER WORLD AND WORK TO CONTRIBUTE TO IT
Projects, initiatives and research structures for the development of innovation and the knowledge to tackle global challenges. More than 2,700 professors and researchers. Over 11,000 research products every year. Over 87,000 students enrolled of which more than 6,000 international.
Alma Mater Studiorum – Università di Bologna
Want to know more about Legal Studies? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Indianapolis, United States of America