About this program
Internet Applications and Web Development
The two-year Internet Applications and Web Development Ontario College Diploma program prepares you to pursue a variety of different careers in the internet applications and web development industry.
This program is designed to teach you:
- internet technologies
- Full Stack web development
- the analysis, design and implementation of internet applications
Use modern computing facilities with a variety of software offered to help you during the program. The department is sponsored by Microsoft Developer`s Network Academic Alliance and through other vendor agreements, which gives you access to the most up-to-date technology.
- English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent).
- Mathematics, (Grade 12 MCT4C) or (Grade 11 MCR3U) or equivalent; or (Grade 12 MAP4C with a grade of 80% or higher) or (Grade 11 MCF3M with a grade of 70% or higher).
- Applicants with international transcripts must provide proof of the subject-specific requirements noted above and may be required to provide proof of language proficiency. Domestic applicants with international transcripts must be evaluated through the International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) or World Education Services (WES).
- IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.0 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 80, with a minimum of 20 in each component: Reading 20; Listening 20; Speaking 20; Writing 20.
Should the number of qualified applicants exceed the number of available places, applicants will be selected on the basis of their proficiency in English and mathematics.
This program is well-suited for students who:
- Have good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Enjoy solving logic puzzles.
- Are inquisitive and well-organized.
- Enjoy working with computers.
- Have an appreciation for the usefulness of the Internet.
- Can work effectively in a teamwork environment.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Cross-Platform Web Design
- Web Programming I
- Database System and Concepts
- Introduction Computer Programming Using Python
- Achieving Success in Changing Environments
- Technical Mathematics for Computer Science
- Database Design and Administration
- Web Programming II
- Network Operating Systems
- Graphics Technologies
- Communications I
- Cooperative Education Readiness
- Web Programming Languages I
- Web Applications Development
- Web Project Management
- Technical Communication for Technicians
- Web Programming Languages II
- Web Security Basics
- Current Trends in Web Application Development
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the college website.
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Communicate and collaborate with team members and stakeholders to facilitate effective working relationships.
- Configure, document and maintain fundamental server requirements for the effective functioning of applications.
- Design, implement and maintain databases to store and retrieve data according to requirements.
- Design and implement a security plan based on best practices, techniques and strategies to minimize risks of hacking and/or data loss.
- Program and debug complex applications using a variety of development technologies and tools to optimize performance and minimize errors.
- Create internet applications that apply design best practices, techniques and strategies for a variety of development projects that comply with accessibility, web and other requirements.
- Develop internet applications reflective of business objectives and client needs.
- Adhere to ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements and/or principles in the development and management of internet applications.
- Participate as a member or leader of a team by applying project management concepts and strategies for the successful completion of a project.
- Select and apply strategies for personal and professional development to enhance work performance.
- Identify and apply discipline-specific practices that contribute to the local and global community through social responsibility, economic commitment and environmental stewardship.
Graduates may work as team members, to analyze business requirements, design, develop, and implement appropriate web solutions to the user community, assist with the acquisition, installation, use and troubleshooting of Internet applications and Internet services on a variety of platforms.
Typical occupations toward which the program is directed include web administrator, Internet application developer, web application architect, web programmer, full stack web developer.
Message the school
About this institute
Consider Algonquin’s unique campuses Algonquin College, located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, offers an experience that includes personalized learning and industry-ready skills through field-work, work placement and co-op. With more than 300 programs, including degrees and graduate certificates, we have the...
Why study at Algonquin College
Canada ranked #1 study abroad country
Canada has been ranked the #1 study abroad country in the world for 2020! Known for its untouched natural beauty, friendly and welcoming locals, and a culture of tolerance and diversity, Canada is a clear choice for students looking to study abroad.
Want to know more about Web Development and Internet Applications? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!