Master in System Engineering
Systems Engineers are the second most sought-after group of IT experts in Croatia. Should you choose to embark on this career, there is a demanding and challenging multidisciplinary profession waiting for you.
The course program is a perfect choice if you love to think outside the box, come up with solutions to complex problems or simply to create order out of chaos (or is it the other way around).
Upon receiving our diploma, you’ll know everything there is to know about your favorite field of systems engineering. You’ll be able to plan and implement IT solutions and systems that ensure business continuity, manage complex computer networks and manage identity and privacy protection.
You’ll have the answer to all queries from big and small clients.
Admission to the specialized professional graduate study program is open to all applicants who have previously completed:
- Undergraduate professional study program in the field of social, natural or technical sciences and acquired 180 or more ECTS credits.
- Undergraduate university study program in the field of social, natural or technical sciences and acquired 180 or more ECTS credits.
Candidates missing knowledge and passed courses in required fields from the bachelor study level will have opportunity to attend preparation module to be able to successfully study on master level program.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Architecture and Design of IT Systems
- Security of Operating Systems
- Data Storage Systems
- Incidents Management in IT Systems
- Voice over Internet Protocol
- Managing Quality in IT Projects
- Introduction to cyber security
- Development Trends in IT Infrastructure
- Creativity and Critical Thinking
- Advanced Scripting
- Penetration Testing
- Next Generation Firewalls
- Ethical hacking
- Identity Management
- Management of Innovation
- High availability using Open Source Operating Systems
- Containers, Security and Microsegmentation
- Discovering and troubleshooting problems in IT systems
- Computer Forensics
- Redundancy of IT Services and Applications\
- Management of Information Services
- Implementation of Wireless Local Area Networks
- Quality of Network Services
- Advanced Protocols for Service Providers
- Cloud computing security
- Graduation Thesis
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Annual tuition fee before the start of each academic year is 5,500 EUR.
For more information about pricing, please visit the university website.
ECTS points: 120
Title acquired: Professional Master of Computer Engineering with sub-specialization in Systems Engineering
Certifications obtained during studies
- IT SMF – ITIL Foundation
- Cisco CCNP
General learning outcomes
- Evaluate and analyze complex and insufficiently defined problems in the field of occupation using concepts of information theory, applied mathematical theory and best engineering practices
- Introduce innovative solutions in the field of applied computing by critical analysis and evaluation of current knowledge, models and solutions in the field of expertise, using “best practice solutions” and familiar and modified problem scenarios
- Apply complex research and analysis methods to determine detailed user or organizational requirements for information solutions or systems
- Identify, analyze and explain the problems of applying, polishing and implementing existing information systems in a wider business context and propose adequate solutions
- Manage relationship with users and / or members of a team, recognizing possible sources of misunderstanding and conflict and proactively and effectively influence their inhibition
Professional Learning Outcomes – System orientation
- Analyze business requirements by identifying the essence of key issues and solve them by building IT systems based on knowledge of software and hardware systems, modern operating systems, and computer networks
- Evaluate modern operating systems and virtual environment by analyzing architecture, concepts and characteristics of operating systems and business needs
- Organize and establish an internal organizational unit for the analysis of security threats and elimination of security threats within the IT perspectives and e-business systems
- Understand and apply computer forensics methods to establish a high level of computer security in a business environment
- Plan, build and maintain complex computer networks, including those for providing network services based on optical, wired or wireless communication media
- Computer Networks Specialist
- Systems Administrator
- Engineer for Implementation of E-business Systems
- Security Incidents Manager
- Systems Support Manager
Interview with Mr. Silvio Papić – Head of Graduate Professional Study Program in System Engineering
About this institute
Algebra University College
Algebra University College was established in 2008 as a private not-for-profit higher education institution and soon after became recognized as a part of the official Croatian higher education system through the process of initial accreditation. The founder of Algebra University...
Why study at Algebra University College
Would you describe yourself as creative, curious and open-minded?
If your answer is yes to any of the above, then Algebra University College is the right choice for you!
Digital technologies represent the fastest growing area of the IT industry, one that records a strong growth in revenue and number of employees in Croatia and the world. In other words, by choosing a career in the propulsive and growing digital industry, you are guaranteed to have a head start.
Our study programs are focused on the acquisition of practical and applicable knowledge required by the IT industry. The acquired knowledge is additionally confirmed by international IT certification programs provided by our University College, ensuring maximum visibility and employability for each alumni.
We continually improve our educational programs and teaching approach in line with the labor market requirements, technological trends and the needs of the future. The inexhaustible pace that we have set for ourselves has made Algebra University College a top professional higher education institution unsurpassed in the Croatian educational system. At the end of the day, it does make a difference which career you choose and where you forge it.
Therefore, allow us to take you towards the digital future.
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews.
Want to know more about Master in System Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America