MBA in ShippingAlba Graduate Business School, The American College of Greece
MBA in Shipping
By taking a strategic perspective on the shipping industry, the MBA in Shipping Program prepares aspiring and seasoned shipping professionals for a future full of challenges in the shipping industry. The program, designed in collaboration with the Greek shipping community (the Business Advisory Committee for the Shipping programs of ALBA), provides significant networking opportunities along with a challenging and unique educational experience delivered by world-renowned academics and distinguished industry practitioners in the field. Apart from specialized shipping courses and workshops, the MBA in Shipping program invests heavily in leadership and strategic management competencies, which are particularly relevant both as personal advantages and as essential resources for companies in this sector.
Duration for this course is Full Time (12m) & Part Time (24m) / Evening classes
To be considered for admission, candidates must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree; - Provide evidence of excellent command of the English language;
- Have a minimum of three years substantial work experience (military service not included);
- Need to be currently employed or self-employed (valid for the part time mode only) GMAT tests are optional unless the Academic Committee requires the applicant to take them: in any case, scores of 550 or more (GRE >155) can strengthen your application and help you secure a scholarship.
The MBA in Shipping is designed particularly for:
- Highly motivated professionals with at least 3 years of solid working experience and a clear aim to advance their career in management positions in the broader maritime industry.
- Members of family shipping businesses with at least 3 years of solid working experience preparing to take on increasing responsibility in their companies.
- Officers of the Merchant Marine (Master or Chief Engineer) serving both at sea & onshore.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Maritime Economics
- Leadership Development
- Managing People & Organizations
- Business Writing
- Presentation Skills Workshop
- Team Building
- Financial Accounting
- Business Decisions with Data Models
- Ship Technology
- Financial Analysis
- HR in Shipping
- Maritime Law
- Production & Operations Management
- Shipping Finance
- Business Risk Management in Shipping
- Marine Insurance & Carriage of Goods by Sea
- Management Accounting
- Maritime Accounting Workshop
- International Field Consulting Project
- Business Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility
- Liner Shipping & Ports
- Ship Chartering & Charter Party Analysis
- Strategic Management for Shipping Services
- International Field Consulting Project
Scholarships & funding
Through the MBA in Shipping program you will:
- Have a deep understanding of the international business environment of shipping, as well as its rules and regulations.
- Exhibit leadership and provide solutions to complex problems and issues faced by the maritime industry.
- Empirically apply tools and methods in commercial decisions of shipping companies.
- Be able to apply an all-around academic knowledge into business practice.
About this institute
Alba Graduate Business School, The American College of Greece
Alba Graduate Business School, the American College of Greece is one of the top graduate business schools in Europe, located in Athens. It is accredited by AMBA, NECHE and EPAS (EFMD) and it is famous for being innovative (AMBA innovation...
Want to know more about MBA in Shipping? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.