LLB (Hons) LawAbertay University
LLB (Hons) Law
All available course dates
About this program
LLB (Hons) Law
Law at Abertay explores the Scottish legal system and the building blocks of Scots law, neatly complemented with subjects from other disciplines. This approach helps you develop a view of the differing contexts in which law operates.
This Law degree:
- Enables graduates, on successful completion of postgraduate studies and a traineeship, to become Scottish solicitors.
- Is accredited by the Law Society of Scotland and the Faculty of Advocates.
- Offers extracurricular activities such as Mooting.
- Is a top 20UK Law course according toThe Guardian University Guide, 2019
You’ll also use the university’s moot room for debates and other exercises where you’ll present legal arguments. Work placement and single-term overseas study opportunities may be available in Year 3, with both opportunities designed to broaden your knowledge of the law and legal systems.
- All applicants must have passes in English and Maths - National 5 grade C or GCSE grade C/4 or equivalent. National 5 ESOL is accepted in lieu of National 5 English. National 5 Lifeskill Maths is not accepted in lieu of Maths.
Subjects that are accepted for entry
- One of the following: Business Management; Classical Studies; Economics; English; ESOL; Geography; History; Media Studies; Modern Studies; Philosophy; Politics; Psychology; Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies; Sociology
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Legal Systems and Method
- Law of Contract
- Public Law 1
- Law of Delict
- Criminal Law
- Law of Succession
- Business Transactions
- Family Law
- Public Law 2
- EU Law
- Legal Philosophy and Human Rights
- Employment Law
- Law of Property
- Law of Evidence
- Business Organisations
- Law Honours Dissertation
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Scottish Students: £1,820
- English, Welsh & Northern Irish Students: £9,250
- EU and International Students: £14,000
Award Title: LLB (Hons)
You’ll graduate with excellent employment prospects. The transferable skills gained during your degree will make you highly sought-after by employers, with many of our graduates moving into careers in areas such as:
- The court service
- The police
- The civil service
- Law centres or advice bureaus
Message the school
About this institute
Abertay University, in Dundee, is the UK University of the Year for Teaching Quality (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021) and a UK top 10 institution for both student satisfaction and teaching (Guardian University Guide 2021). Having...
Want to know more about LLB (Hons) Law? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!